View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-28, 01:31 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "and every time i get my period"
For the record, I wasn't implying I was against the notion of the Big Bang theory, but rather, it is basically just as miraculous an event as anything that religions propose.

Also, when I speak of religion, I don't necessarily mean BIBLICAL religion alone. There's a whole lot more to religion than the bible. If you have some personal beef with the bible, that's a different topic

So far as abortion goes, no, masturbation wouldn't be the same, and no, a period wouldn't be the same, as an abortion. Furthermore, while I may state simply that I am "against abortion", there's a lot of details that I haven't elaborated on. A clearer way of expressing my feelings towards it would be that I am against CASUAL abortion, such as, abortion as a means of birth control. If you eliminated the casual, birth-control abortions, that would leave the life-threating, rape, etc. scenarios to be discussed, which makes things more complex.

In general, I just think that self-control is important and that there should be more of a focus on it in all areas of life. Having an abortion is usually (USUALLY, not ALWAYS) just the lazy and irresponsible way out of a difficult situation that poor choices have led to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
krisvek is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkrisvek is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

krisvek