View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-11, 12:58 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I do put some faith in the conspiracy..."
This is a somewhat long post which mostly contains my views and theories. Some are quite interesting actually, but if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, at least scroll to the bottom and read my theories and the very last sentence... it's bolded.

I watched some cool ass show on the Discovery Channel last week on UFOs/Paranormal and spiritual activity. What I thought was interesting was that the Psychologists/Doctors thought that what you saw depended on your culture and what you believe in.

For example, If someone was a Christian, the brain would perceive the "being" as a demon or something of the sort. An atheist's brain, on the contrary would perceive the "being" as an alien.

They were discussing that your brain has to interpret reality and decipher what was there and needs to create something for you to understand.

I had one problematic question which was, What if a Christian believed in UFOs? Or vise-versa if an atheist thought that he saw a demon. - But that would contradict his beliefs, because God is supernatural, and if he doesn't believe in a "supernatural" realm then a demon would be impossible.

Maybe it just boils down to the fact that we always second guess ourselves on the question of life? There's always the "what if" factor. What if God does exist? What if God Doesn't exist?

What if we're just a matrix... if humanity can create the advanced technology it has today... Imagine what they will have come out with in 100-300 years?

We could be just a fuckin' experiment, almost like an ant farm to some scientist or even perhaps God!

But then there's the question: Where did everything come from? How was the universe created? You can't create something from nothing. Ok, say God made everything. Well shit, who made God?

A couple of my crazy theories..

Theory #1

Maybe it comes down to Left Brain people Vs. Right Brained people?

Left having to have a logical reason for the way everything happens. Magic, ghosts, things opening and closing by themselves is absolutely impossible. It goes against the laws of physics.. for ghosts to go through walls or Jesus to turn water in to wine. (To me that would be categorized as "magic")

Right on the other hand, since they are more open-minded and more imaginative, they believe that anything is possible. Being more prone to believing in a religon of some sort.

Theory #2:

I think some people are Religious simply because they're scared. It's almost like insurance.... "Just in case" There's a God (For Christianity), I'll be a Christian so I don't have to go to hell.

Theory #3:

We are an experiment by either a scientist or God. They place dinosaur bones in the dirt. They create the "Bible" and see which people become atheists or Religious. The trick is, the Bible is simply a lie. They just wanted to see what majority of the people would believe a lie. They leave the Bible with tons of unanswered questions, and fuck with us by this "Paranormal/Spiritual" bullshit.

"Faith" would be the lie. So its controversial for me since the Bible talks about running a good life, not sinning and believing that God's son Jesus died on the cross, gave his life for all of us so that we could be saved. While doing all of this, including donating to the church, getting baptized, even being killed for your beliefs! Little did you know that it was all just a complete lie.

What fucks with me about that scenario is that if you are a Christian, you're not supposed to sin. Lieing is a sin. So putting your heart and soul and everything you have to fight against sin, you are actually working for it!

It's just so twisted and FUCKED up.

Theory #4

Shit, how complex our body is and the way the world recycles itself perfectly. I don't see how people could of just came from "Primordial Soup." Take just the eye for instance, its so complex, or even the brain! To have a mind... I don't see how a bunch of rocks blowing up could create such perfect beings. And what really gets me is, stars/rocks in space aren't living, so how would something living come from something that wasn't living?
---------------------------------------------------

Blah, I'm done rambling... I hope I messed with your mind a bit!

(By the way, this is coming from a Christian.)

Last edited by -Spector-; 2008-04-11 at 01:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-