View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-07, 09:30 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Bear in mind that I haven't studied..."
Before reading this all, I'll post my thoughts before I forget.

Let's clear a few things up, modern-day Christianity is so much different than centuries past. Granted, there are a lot of similarities in practice and teaching but the mindset is different. Mainly due to the seperation of church and state and the protestant reformation.

To kinda place blame, the Catholic church became an "all powerful" force to be reckoned with. That being said, anything that the church couldn't and wouldn't understand was against them. Anything that offered different evidence to the Bible was deemed blasphemous. Similar to how a lot of Americans judge people based on skin color and social status. If you aren't just like them, they don't and can't understand your ways.

Now, given my reasons, it seems that the real hinderance of science was the Catholic church and not really religion itself.

There is a differance from having faith and having religion. Faith is the true understanding of what you belief and knowledge that what you believe is of faith alone. Having religion is a title that you can carry around and dispose of anytime you want.

I ask other Christians, "Why are you Baptist? Why are you Catholic? Why are you Presbyterian?"

They never can give me a straight answer. Know why? Because they want religion more than faith. More and more people these days cannot grasp the concept of a higher power due to advances in science and medicine. So, let me ask you this: if we have miracle cures, instant communications and information gathering, faster cars, easier ways to make money, what place in our world does God have?

When all that Christianity asks is faith and kindness, why can't people grasp ahold of that message?

The answer: technology. The circle is in full swing.

Say goodbye to God, no one wants him anymore.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-04-07 at 09:32 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G