View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-07, 06:55 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Technology was Religion's Bitch"
They are afraid of what they cannot control, imo. It's is simple as that. They feel that technology will eventually take over and religion will become obsolete. What if, pretend, that one day technology could make it immpossible for people to perish, now wouldn't that mean religion would become obsolete? If you take out afterlife and make the current one concreted then religion would become obsolete.

You make a very great observation and point Lenny, but I wouldn't completely blow off advancements because of religion. Hell until 35 years ago we didn't even have a VCR/Tape player etc.

I feel technology may have been slightly hendered because of relgion, but as a whole I doubt it had that much effect on it, if anything over the ages Religion has helped with technology. (Date back to the Roman empire as well as the egyptians). Shit, the Egyptians religion thousands of years ago have assembled Pyramids and such that would almost be infeasable in today's modern age. Basically, this argument can go both ways.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V