View Single Post

Posted 2008-03-28, 08:34 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "If we're being purely semantic, the..."
Mjordan2nd said:
And anyone who thinks racism is dead is blind. I have been spit and slurred at from a truck on a university campus. I have been denied service at a local restaurant, with incontrovertible evidence that it was due to the color of my skin.
Are you shitting me? Is Texas really that bad? Here in Indiana, I rarely ever see any forms of racism. I'm sure it's out there, but I barely notice it anymore. This may have to do with the fact that I work in one of the most diverse law firms in the country. We have a Diversity Committee just for this sort of thing. I was forced to go to a meeting about diversity a couple of weeks ago. This law firm is so fuckin uptight.

For example, an employee that regularly visits the copy center commented that sheperd's pie was 'ghetto'. My boss (who is black) totally took it out of context and yelled at the guy to get the hell out of the copy center. The guy apologized, said he didn't mean anything derogatory by it, and promptly left. The next day I was called into the head of HR's office to give my views on what occurred the previous day. They made it into such a big deal and the dude almost got fired for it. Fuckin ridiculous. Being overly PC is just as bad as racism itself, I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos