Thread: the bible
View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:14 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "MJ spares no christian!"
what? you expect me to get some kind of imaginary information from 2000-2007? if in these recent years there's been no info about the bible and evolution what do you want me to do? make it up? and as for somethings the bible does not contradict it self, ok?

sure i've heard lots of people say that the bible contradicts it self, but i've read it countless of times, and i've never really found any contradiction, what i have found is that either people mistake, the bibles symbolism and that the bible leaves questions that remain kinda, unanswered, for example:
Where did cain obtain his wife? the only humans were adam,eve, ebel, (which cain killed) and cain himself, and if those were the only humans at the time, where did cain get a wife? the point is that the bible only focuses on important facts of life, because, Who really cares if cain had a wife or not? that has nothing to do with the message the bible gives and such it is not written in the bible.

IF you say (MJ) that the bible has blatant misinterpretations of scientific facts, that is probably because, the bible doesn't focus on science, but when it talks about it, it's perfectly accurate, for example:

in Isaias (spanish-english translation i realy suck at that) 40:22: it says
"There's one that lives on the circle of the earth"(once again bad translation methods) in the time the bible was written, the idea of the earth was, that it was flat, it wasn't until over 200 years later that a group of greek astronomers made a conclusion that the earth was probably sphere-like, and after over 300 years 1 greek astronomer calculated the aproximate ratio of the earth. But not even by those times, was the idea of earth sphere-like, people kept thinking it was flat, only in our times, has in NOW, when humans created air planes, and the oh so famous air ship, and a man went to the moon and THEN when he saw the world being like a giant ball, THEN only then humans got the idea, oh look, it IS round like a ball!!! and hundreds and hundreds of years ago, the bible said so omfg!.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu