View Single Post

Posted 2007-08-05, 05:58 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "According to what I watched earlier..."
Slim said:
According to what I watched earlier today the bridge had gotten a 50 on its last inspection in...'05 I believe, that's out of a 120 max, so needless to say, someone was being a cheapass and wouldn't repair it. So it was pretty much a dumbass decision.
Exactly.

People have to die before money gets spent on something like public safety.

The irritating part I heard is that they're going to reconstruct it after pulling all the pieces up and out of the water to figure out what went wrong with it. Talk about a bigger waste of funding. What's wrong with it is that the design was outdated, and not maintained well enough to keep supporting a load that heavy. Huge waste of time, money, and needless traffic rerouting compared to simply building a more modern bridge at the same location...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker