Thread: Terraforming
View Single Post

Posted 2007-07-13, 05:03 PM in reply to klo's post starting "It's really weird to think about. I..."
klo said:
It's really weird to think about. I mean, if your not religious and you believe that everything was made from molecules...then shouldn't that happen on the other planets as well...but creatures that are already adjusted for the planets culture? Earth may have been just like Mars or Jupiter way back when....and evolved with everything else on it...or is there some proof that's not possible :P.

Ok, so if we were to start moing to different planets tomorrow...(IF)...who would go from her. I personally would stay on earth.
From what we can tell, Earth would never have been like Jupiter simply because of the mass difference and of course the vastly different atmospheres, the best comparison to Earth would be Venus.

The general question would be if we were to have a breakthrough tomorrow and be able to change Venus or Mars into a habitable planet for human life, do you think it would be wrong to do so? I think everyone agrees that exterminating an alien life form would be horrendously wrong, so I don't intend really to include that as a consideration.

I personally would think seriously about a move to Mars, I would love to set foot on another planet. It would truly be a moment to remember.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker