View Single Post

Posted 2007-04-03, 02:50 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Starting to Understand...there is hope."
<DIV ID="menulocation">

In my CSS file I have part that is:

Code:
#menulocation {
 PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
 PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
 PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
 WIDTH: 150px;
 PADDING-TOP: 0px;
 WHITE-SPACE: nowrap;
 POSITION: absolute;
 TOP: 225px
}
This basically tells the script where to put all the HTML into the page.

---

To incorporate it all into your site you write a script for the menu, and write a CSS file. The CSS file contains all the information for your webpage - colours, images, fonts, everything.

You then build your HTML page, using the CSS file to make it look prettyful. Once you've built the basic page, add in the menu using the script tags (<SCRIPT language="Java/HTML" src="/Java and CSS/menu.js" />) and add all the content to your page.

At least, that's how I do it. I set up the page so it looks nice, then add in the menu (and change parts of the page if it doesn't work just right), and then add in the content - if I add in the content first then I may end up having to change where it is etc due to things like the menu script.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny