View Single Post

Posted 2006-06-07, 12:34 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "1) Don Miguel is the pirate who hacked..."
BlueCube said:
1) Don Miguel is the pirate who hacked RM2k and popularized it and thus made it worthwhile for people to bother translating RM2k3/XP (and of course his "information" is to tell Enterbrain to please release English versions)
2) Internet people are stupid and will buy anything, which is a good thing to remember for marketing
3) Xenogears sold pretty horribly
4) You can only sell the game if you own all the materials you used to make it (such as music/graphics/etc)
5) Hahaha, $20 RPGMaker game

Yes Blue, I do however agree with the facts you placed in 1-4 (2 and 4 the most ),
but about the whole 20$ gig.,
1.It seems to be going well so far.Even if I made a hundred or even a thousand bucks,it is way better than nothing.Pluss, if you look up "winged worrior" full version.That game has some TERRIBLE grfx,Bad battle system,Cheesy story line,ect.You will find that he is selling the game for $10.00 and actually making money.
2.And about Don Miguel,He stated in his RPG Maker Help files not to sell the games you make unless you buy the thing from Entebrain,pluss Entebrain seems to be working fine with him now.
3.Also don't forget the questionnarie forum in the site I posted earlier and who set up the questions. "These questions were prepared by Kenji Sugiuchi, a Senior Assistant Manager at a game software development division at Enterbrain, Inc." This quote is DIRECTLY from the forum.
4.Oh and one more thing,I only said that stuff about Xenogears because of the person who posted earlier who thinks it was a great success.

So in this, I Do still agree with you (for the most part) Blue Cube.Ps:I know you are good at what you do and I respect that, I meant NOTHING MEAN in what I typed in the above toward you.
Angels encamp around them that fear the LORD!

Last edited by frosted_snow; 2006-06-07 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Uncalled for comments
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frosted_snow