View Single Post

Dell Inspiron HDD&DVD Drive problem...
Posted 2006-02-06, 06:48 PM
have a DellInspiron 8000, 1ghz 256mb ram, 20gb HDD and DVD Rom.

I recently had some issues with the Laptop restarting uncontrollably and now it does not detect my HDD or DVD-Rom(fixed optical drive).

I know I can change it in the bios, but when I enter the bios it only allows me to change the time and date. I should be able to scroll through with the arrows and other keys, but I don't know which ones(I have tried practically every button randomly) and nothing. Just time and date. I see it does not detect the HDD and DVDRom drive since it is listed on Page 1 of 7, so how do I go about fixing this?

I tried removing both the HDD and DVDRom and I re-inserted them both and it still says they are not installed. How do I move about in the bios? It should be the same as my PC but I cant do a single thing.

All help on how to get it going again is greatly appreciated. It is a pretty good Laptop for some small things like playing music, watching movies and such and I want it back because it is so much easier to move around then a desktop....
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin