View Single Post

Posted 2005-06-11, 02:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "There is nothing wrong with the..."
Quote:
Zelda better pull gamecube out of the fucking rut that it is in right now or they're screwed.
Rut? Nintendo is the most successful software publisher in thw world. They turn a constant profit every year (except for 2003, in which they reported their only yearly loss in history), whereas Microsoft has lost a few billion dollars in their videogame sector in just this generation. Nintendo makes a continuous profit on hardware sales, even priced at $100, while Sony and Microsoft lose several hundred on every console they manufacture. On top of that, Nintendo is in ownership of the most successful series of gaming hardware ever produced (that being the Gameboy), as well as having no debts and several-billion dollars worth of free assets. How is that a rut? Nintendo is doing spectacularly, regardless of the fact that their global installed userbase is a fraction of Sony's. Not to mention the fact that Microsoft is slowly stealing chunks of Sony's userbase, and has more money than God with which to overcome them. Nintendo is doing exactly what they need to be. They don't have the resources to compete directly with Sony or Microsoft, so they let the big dogs tear each other apart while they attack new markets and steal untapped profits away from the other two. Nintendo is is no sort of "rut."

And I haven't been flaming you. If I typed up a post that consisted entirely of attacking you and calling you names, that would be one thing. However, my posts have been intelligent deconstructions of your idiotic statements, with a little bit of name-calling thrown in. There's a difference between flaming and arguing. I've been doing the latter in a very brusque manner. Don't like it? Eat a bag of dicks. Nobody fucking cares what you have to complain about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel