View Single Post

"Event script referenced an item which does not exist"
Posted 2005-05-04, 02:03 PM
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. First, let me say that I am a skilled event scripter, and I have managed to perform many tasks with RPGm2k3 which were not originally intended.
However, I am having trouble with the following:

I have written a script for a battle command, set to "Link to Event". The command is labeled "Run", and I used it instead of the default "Escape" command, because I need to make it so that you cannot escape from certain random monster groups.

However, whenever a different command is selected, but not executed (for example, if I select "Fight", but cancel before choosing a monster, or select "Item", but cancel before selecting one), and then select "Run", the game crashes and gives me the following error:
"Event script referenced an item that does not exist."

This occurs both in game, and in Battle Test mode. My item Array size is set to 300.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? All I need is for certain random encounters to be "escape-proof."

For your info, here's a sample of what this Event code looks like. This one is taken from a battle with 3 "imps". (The "Dummys" are invisible throughout the battle, and are present so that this command works):

<>Variable Oper: [0071:Run Command] Set, Var [0068]'s Value
<>Variable Oper: [0071:Run Command] *, Rnd [1-8]
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] Set, 1:IMP Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 2:IMP Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 3:IMP Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 4:(Dummy) Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 5:(Dummy) Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 6:(Dummy) Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 7:(Dummy) Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] +, 8:(Dummy) Max HP
<>Variable Oper: [0072:Monster Level] /, 8
<>Branch if Var [0071:Run Command] is V[0072] or more
_<>Force Flee: Entire Party
_<>
_:Else Handler
_<>Message: Can't Run!
_<>
:End
<>

*NOTE: Var[0068] represents the party's current average level, unless the "FEAR" skill is used, in which 15 is added to this number.

Last edited by mihalis; 2005-05-04 at 02:42 PM. Reason: title change (i hope it works)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mihalis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmihalis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mihalis