View Single Post

Posted 2005-03-14, 10:33 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Zelda II - The Adventure of Link"
I really like Zelda II. I like the experience system. It has its flaws of course, but I still like the basic idea of it.

The magic system really wasn't as fun as having a bow, a boomerang, bombs, etc, etc. I can concede that point. It just simply isn't as fulfilling.

And on the difficulty level, some things are just harder for certain people, I think. I never really had that much of a problem with Zelda II except for a couple of the bosses simply having more life than what any boss really should have.

The only flaw you didn't mention is the fact that the game's save system (battery?) isn't as dependable as it should be. My save files would semi-regularly disappear. I got it on the GBA fairly recently, however, and that fixed that problem. I've probably put... 6 or 7 hours into it, and I'm about halfway through I think.

I'd give it an... 8.5
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob