View Single Post

Posted 2005-02-19, 12:00 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "how would they change it? a lot of..."
It was more a response to people who whine about how Stealth.

I personally only find it ridiculous when I'm out in the middle of the Tanaris desert or something, and I get sneak-attacked. How do you sneak up on someone when they're on top of a sand dune, in the desert, under the bright sun?

As far as changing it goes, I had an idea to where they could give Rogues the same 'Faded' look at they get when a Rogue in your party stealths, and merely remove the big red nametag above their heads. It would still serve them well in shadowed areas like Feralas and whatnot, and help bring a little skill/realism into sneaking up on someone in Tanaris or somewhere like that.

Hell, with Targeting the way it is, you still couldn't just hit 'T' or 'Tab' to hit any Rogues sneaking up on you. I've been just outside melee range, and unable to target something.

Meh. I understand the need for Rogue Stealth, but pure invisibility is kinda the easy way out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker