View Single Post

Posted 2003-02-03, 06:21 AM in reply to Hellmonkeys's post "Bush's State of the Union"
RoboticSilence said:
mjordan2nd said:
I saw it...and some ppl might call me a cynic but personally think it was a whole buch of bs and he said some of that crap just to get his ratings up...
He sure needs those "ratings" to go up because nobody likes a moron.

And of course he has the highest ever approval rating... especially in number of people... can you guess why? Because the population is the highest ever... he's still a motherfucking idiot.
Please God tell me you are kidding.... I hope you realize that approval rating is a fucking percentage, not an overall number.

That statement actually just makes Bush look even better if anything. More people = more opinons = more opposition, which in turn says that if you have the highest approval rating, you are doing a damn good job. Sure he isn't the smartest tool in the shed, but you can't say he is an idiot from his decisions. The only valid comment you could possibly have is that he is not the best public speaker to ever enter the oval office.

Kwhii, you also offer an even greater defense for my side. If he has an approval rating of 59%, yet his popular vote was less than 50%, what does that say to you? To me is says, "Wow, I didn't vote for him because I thought he was an idiot, but jeez, I'm glad he won!" Evidently, people that didn't vote for him are now happy that he is in charge. That is a huge success for a Presidency if you ask me.

BTW, if that is what you were trying to say, my bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied