Thread: Death Sentance
View Single Post

Posted 2002-11-27, 04:14 PM in reply to spa's post "Death Sentance"
There have been inocent people killed on death row.

Who is the government or the jury to decide on an appropriate punishment for someone they have no care or feeling for.

I guess you can say it is humane and accepted in this society, but go back about 500 yrs there were public beatings, stonings and other stuff of the type and that back then was considered humane and accepted by the law but this did not make them right.

Quote:
"I'm gonna kill that guy" is different from

"A crime has been committed."
"Is there evidence linking anyone?"
"Yes, there is.. Bob Bobson."
"Can we PROVE he did it?"
"Yes, we can.. he has been found guilty."
"Release the verdict to the public. What's the appropriate punishment?"
"Well, according to the law, and as everyone, including he, knows, it's the death penalty."
"Does he deserve it?"
"According to 7 judges, yes."
"Then he shall be put to death."
To this I reply, and I am gonna say that my own child was beaten, raped, and murdered

This is what would go through my head

"A crime has been commited"
"Who did it"
"Bob Bobson"
"I know he did it"
"I seek revenge"
"does he deserve death"
"According to me and my family yes"
"Then I shall kill him"

It's not very different, the only thing is that this process would be done in my head very quickly and the government would take time. I'm not saying that what I mentioned above is morally right but I do say that it is just as moral as the gov. killing someone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes