Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   Should the US attack Iraq? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5142)

Chruser 2002-08-11 08:48 AM

Should the US attack Iraq?

Personally, I don't exactly like Saddam very much, but I don't like the urban warfare. Lots of civilians are most likely going to die if the US attack Iraq.

Grav 2002-08-11 09:02 AM

Lots of US Soldiers, too.

Their army is huge compared to what Afghanistan had.

I have no comment.

Chruser 2002-08-11 09:09 AM

An expert in the area of urban warfare mentioned that up to 1,000 US soldiers could die if things go bad. Of course, since it's urban warfare, it's not very unlikely that the Iraqi troops will actually take cover behind civilians. It won't be as easy to spot an obvious enemy either, and contemplating for only a second would most likely get you killed.

JohnnyTAE 2002-08-11 11:06 AM

I think the US should topple Iraqs regime the longer we wait to attack him the stronger his army gets and the chances of him finding weapons of mass destruction hightens we need to go for it and take him out then take over the country and use it for our oil needs...

whatever the cost it is worth it, Have you seen what he does to his own people even his own brother

Sum Yung Guy 2002-08-11 12:34 PM

Id glady go over there and help in an attack.

ViciousMilitia 2002-08-11 01:02 PM

why don't we just blow everything except afganistan on the map off?

Strider Fury 2002-08-11 01:35 PM

thats what the US had always been doing; carpet bomb everthing in sight until even the rubble has been bombed over, then sent in a couple of marines to check if anything its still alive, and move on. but they cant do that in the case of iraq. right now the situration is that the US is on its own, no country is willing to help the states in case they attack, so they are pretty much on their own.

ViciousMilitia 2002-08-11 01:37 PM

fuck war

Jamesadin 2002-08-11 02:16 PM

No , send in the inspectors to check the nuclear facilities, but I just dont want a World War III. And since Canada is the US's ally, we get blamed too.

ViciousMilitia 2002-08-11 02:29 PM

like i said fuck was

JohnnyTAE 2002-08-11 07:17 PM

Just think about another 9/11 but worse it's in your neighborhood and his fault not a unknown target we need to stop him before more attacks on the us happen or any other country

I would also gladly give my life to know I was part of stopping him

Strider Fury 2002-08-11 07:39 PM

this is going to be vietnam all over again. at least i hope not, for the sake of the US and Iraq.

Chruser 2002-08-11 07:42 PM

After all, life is a game, so why not gamble while you can?

Jamesadin 2002-08-11 09:51 PM

true, and it wont be a vietnam, we have more allys, more firepower, and better battle tactics

"CRØNîC-KîLLå" 2002-08-11 10:13 PM

all i ahve to say is by them attacking it will make them more pissed off... people in iraq are fucken crazy, comparable to afgany's ... what if they get pissed and drop some nerve gas on us? a vile could take out 1 state in the u.s..... the u.s. has known that iraq has been making biological warfare weapons and making new viruses for over 20 years now... they even blew up like 2 of their factory's 5 years ago or so...

JohnnyTAE 2002-08-11 10:16 PM

Being afraid of there actions is the worst reason not to do it because if we have a reason to fear them it means they must be stopped

Strider Fury 2002-08-11 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamesadin
true, and it wont be a vietnam, we have more allys, more firepower, and better battle tactics
no, no one is going to be helping the states on this one. if they are going to fight, they are going to be pretty much on their own. saddam also knows that the states have a stronger military, thats probably why they would not take the battles to the open plains like they did in the gulf war but inside their cities.

Sum Yung Guy 2002-08-11 10:51 PM

Dont worry because of the game Americas Army I bet alot of people would join the army for something like this. We got the numbers.

JohnnyTAE 2002-08-12 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strider Fury

no, no one is going to be helping the states on this one. if they are going to fight, they are going to be pretty much on their own. saddam also knows that the states have a stronger military, thats probably why they would not take the battles to the open plains like they did in the gulf war but inside their cities.

I also seen on the news that saddam is trying to switch tactics of being the only one to fight the us to allying with other middle easter nations and trying to attack us

Strider Fury 2002-08-12 12:03 AM

i dont even think its wise to listen to the expert about the casutiles. they are just going to lie about it just as they did in vietnam.