Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Luckiest Diablo II moments (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47289)

platnum 2008-10-21 11:30 PM

Luckiest Diablo II moments

So i was doing baal runs on a hammerdin that i was leveling. I am holding control down(or whatever button that show what items are on the ground) and all of a sudden i see enigma archon plate drop. With my lightning quick reflexes I snatch it up. That thing made my pally a badass and I would just mf everywhere.

What you got?

Kazilla 2008-10-22 12:28 AM

Maybe its consistant luck. I tend to be the only one who leaves baal runs with loot.

I would say my all time luck was when I went to "The Front" with a couple of friends. Met this idiot kid who traded me a Dusk CoH for my 40% gheeds and some other crap, that is where my wealth originated from.

Then there was the time my friend loaned me a spare enigma and I managed to completely scam (switch-a-roo) an entire hammerdin armor set.

HandOfHeaven 2008-10-22 01:22 AM

Was it on the ground in town? Otherwise I call bullshit cuz baal can't drop runewords...

!King_Amazon! 2008-10-22 06:34 AM

People in baal runs can drop runewords.

platnum 2008-10-22 08:41 AM

Yea it was dropped by a person, it was off to the side where there were no monsters.

Asamin 2008-10-22 03:32 PM

My luckiest moment.... I was in a game when a guy decided he was going to x-fer all his keys on to a mule. He (stupidly) used the Encampment and dropped them right near charsie. I wondered why he was up there so I went up there and took all the keys. It was brand new char I was on so I had no items in my inventory. That made me really wealthy in non-ladder east.

HandOfHeaven 2008-10-22 11:02 PM

Lol nice. That's awesome.

-Spector- 2008-10-23 01:30 PM

I was attempting to sell something in chat, and someone said they'd trade me and made the game cis1//1

The next day I decided to randomly join it to see if he used that game often, and fo-sho he was x-fering with a friend.

I got 75% of teh uniques/runewords

Xenn 2008-10-23 07:35 PM

I like how all the luckiest moments involve totally shafting somebody.

This game really brings out the worst in people. Note: I'm not trying to be condescending, I totally shafted my fair share of people.

-Spector- 2008-10-23 07:38 PM

Everyone gets shafted in this game, I got screwed over I don't know how many times. =/

Especially when I first started with the /dnd scam - Hahaha

And then with the 'Dupe' that was an auto it program that dropped all of your items and turned off your computer.

Good times

Kazilla 2008-10-23 09:30 PM

I remember back in v.09 Someone made a game called Lrn 2 make Wrings (or something like that). He linked me to a website and as smart as I are... I installed it and then ran it. It opened D2 and started dropping all of my items, all I saw was him picking them all up. Turned off as fast as I could but, it was 2 late.

PureRebel 2008-10-23 09:45 PM

hahaha that happened to me when i was a newb. lucky tho less than half a second after my mouse went funny i alt+F4'd my d2 window. the first couple of months i mf'd i found nothing and used to borrow shit off my friends, then oneday i started finding 1-2 gheeds a day and it was a bitch to have to switch chars/xfer everytime i found more. and i once traded 2x 30% nigels for Jah Rune which helped me out alot too. then when i decided to take a break that Xwolfpack prick stole all my gear :\ shouldve left it all to sov when he offered to look after my acc XD

!King_Amazon! 2008-10-24 06:56 AM

I only remember being scammed twice, really.

Once, it was a couple of assassins that were "recruiting" me to a guild. Had me drop items outside of town where I figured they wouldn't be able to get them even if they wanted to. They claimed they wanted to check out what quality of gear I had. Burst of speed ownaged me.

The other time I got scammed, it was by a guy claiming he had a dupe, which I downloaded, and all it would do is make you auto accept a trade. So, for instance, he could say "show your 10 SOJs in trade and I'll dupe them," and when I'd do that, he'd click "accept" on his side and it would make me automatically accept the trade on my side. I think all the guy got out of me at the time was a tarnhelm or something, and he ended up feeling so bad about it that he gave it back to me and tought me how to scam people with the program. We ended up joining forces and scamming lots of people with it, and he's been a good friend of mine ever since (this happened years and years ago.)