Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   why do people smoke? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41023)

kyeruu 2006-11-23 07:28 PM

why do people smoke?

just as the title says

why do people smoke i mean its dangerous it has dangerous ingredients which will actually make you die faster.

so whats the point? when i was 13 i had a smoke once and i threw it away and i never smoked again i just don't get whats the big deal

i fyou know its dangerous you knw it'll kill you then why do it?

this topic makes me more confused than shit

Demosthenes 2006-11-23 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyeruu

Shit makes you confused?

NonGayMan 2006-11-23 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyeruu
just as the title says

why do people smoke i mean its dangerous it has dangerous ingredients which will actually make you die faster.

so whats the point? when i was 13 i had a smoke once and i threw it away and i never smoked again i just don't get whats the big deal

i fyou know its dangerous you knw it'll kill you then why do it?

Because they enjoy not being able to breathe? Because they want to get lung cancer? Because they want to have bad breath?

That's a hard question to answer... :rolleyes:

Sovereign 2006-11-23 09:36 PM

Some people at work actually like the smell of smoke.

And they called me weird when I said unlit ciggs have an ok smell.

wilma 2006-11-23 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjordan2nd
Shit makes you confused?

He's unclear on it being excreted from his ass or his mouth.

I disagree with smoking as it causes problems for others, it is a horrible waste of money and that it is an addiction that is marketed to the vulnerable. Personally, I will never smoke (anything) because it would ruin my sports and I can't think of a good reason to do something that will shorten my life.

kyeruu 2006-11-24 09:13 AM

finally people who understand why smoking makes no sense
wonder why only a few people hav eposted so far?

Lenny 2006-11-24 09:52 AM

I think sleep usually plays a big part in people not posting.

---

People smoke because they think it's cool, because they see other doing it, because they hang around with people who tell them it's OK to smoke, because people tell them to smoke.

It's a horrible habit.

Whenever I go to a party, everyone gets drunk, obviously, and then people light up. If it's one of my friends I take the ciggarette from them, put it out, and take their lighter.

NonGayMan 2006-11-24 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny
I think sleep usually plays a big part in people not posting.

---

People smoke because they think it's cool, because they see other doing it, because they hang around with people who tell them it's OK to smoke, because people tell them to smoke.

It's a horrible habit.

Whenever I go to a party, everyone gets drunk, obviously, and then people light up. If it's one of my friends I take the ciggarette from them, put it out, and take their lighter.

Tell your friends there are other ways to get high....

like climbing to the top of a mountain. :cry:

Thanatos 2006-11-24 12:34 PM

Are you talking about cigs or weed?

Grav 2006-11-24 01:35 PM

^ Yes

Atnas 2006-11-24 03:25 PM

They smoke because:

1: A family member smokes, and the only way to not get sick from the smell all the time, is to take it up yourself.

2: Trying to be cool, to fit in (nobody forces a smoke, you take it on yourself)

3: It relaxes the person.

4: Any number of given reasons.

I don't and will never smoke because for one thing, I can't afford spending that much on ciggs nor would I want to have the bad breath or teeth that come with it. I will only live once and I wouldn't want to take that away from myself. The idea is idiotic, in the first place, Why would you inhale poisonous fumes? The true stupidity of the human mind shows whenever someone lights one up.

Demosthenes 2006-11-24 03:40 PM

Believe it or not, I actually like the smell of smoke. I'll smoke every once in a while, though it's generally hookah. I do it for sociability. If every one around me is smoking, I'll go along. Plus, hookah tastes great, imo.

Lenny 2006-11-24 03:42 PM

If you've grown up around it then yes, I'll agree that it doesn't smell that bad.

But for people who are subject to it at parties, or restaurants that have never been subject to it for too long will find it sickening.

Demosthenes 2006-11-24 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny
If you've grown up around it then yes, I'll agree that it doesn't smell that bad.

Nobody in my household smokes. But I know that I am an anomaly in that respect. Most folks don't like the smell of smoke.

Lenny 2006-11-24 03:54 PM

Well, there are always a few weirdos who don't follow the trend. :p

Atnas 2006-11-24 04:55 PM

I like the weirdest smells, so, I in suit like the smell of smoke. I just know some of my friends smoke so that the smell of their parents doesn't make them want to puke. But hey, I think when I smell a skunk on the road I actaully like it. Same with gasoline. But that doesn't mean I'd subject myself to smoking or running over skunks or covering my parent's car with a flammable liquid. I just think it's stupidity that drives the urge to smoke.

Demosthenes 2006-11-24 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atnas
I just think it's stupidity that drives the urge to smoke.

What about indifference?

Lenny 2006-11-24 04:59 PM

Petrol's a beautiful smell!

Atnas 2006-11-24 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjordan2nd
What about indifference?

Well, what I meant was.... Hey, what happened to the chick in your avatar?:rolleyes:

Demosthenes 2006-11-24 05:21 PM

Haha! Blame Grav!! He deleted her.