Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Roller Coasters (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38491)

gruesomeBODY 2006-01-02 08:20 PM

Roller Coasters

Im a big roller coaster fan. Is anyone else here a fan? If so, list your favorite one. For me, i love Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure. I havent had the pleasure of riding the new one (Cant remember the name right now) but i will journey out to try it this summer.

Sovereign 2006-01-02 08:48 PM

I loved Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force. After I rode those two, nothing near where I live was interesting anymore. Can't wait to go back.

Lenny 2006-01-03 05:19 AM

My favourite at the mo has to be Oblivion at Alton Towers. I also liked Air and Nemesis there.

The only other theme park I've been to is Blackpool. Revolution was good there, and I can't wait to go back some time and try the Big One.

MightyJoe 2006-01-03 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovereign
I loved Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force. After I rode those two, nothing near where I live was interesting anymore. Can't wait to go back.

You forgot Mantis and Raptor.

Adrenachrome 2006-01-03 08:44 AM

My favorites are the Sheikra, Alpengeist(sp) Hypersonic XLC, and probly the Volcano.

Arkantis 2006-01-03 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyJoe
You forgot Mantis and Raptor.

Raptor is cool but in general anything at ceder point is awsome, I couldnt ride top thill dragster it was down, I was pissed.
I dont really have a favorite roller coaster so many good ones..

Grav 2006-01-03 01:42 PM

I've never been on a roller coaster. Ever.

Jamesadin 2006-01-03 03:16 PM

Same here, except for this really lame one which comes with the fair to our city every year. Ive never been on an actual one.

Jessifer 2006-01-03 08:29 PM

I looove rollercoasters. Shivering Timbers at Michigans Adventure is my favorite. It's like...OMG! It's the second best wooden rollercoaster in the US, the tallest peak is at 125ft, gets over 65mph, loads of airtime...

Yeah...I have a fondness for wooden rollercoasters. One of these days, though...I gotta try the RipCord, though it's not a rollercoaster at all. Rather, they strap you belly down into a harness, pull you up to 183ft, and then let you go. You swing out over the lake. Fuckin' awesome.

gruesomeBODY 2006-01-03 08:59 PM

ive done that. Its not to bad at all. U get a massive wiplash effect tho

Sovereign 2006-01-04 12:37 AM

Yeah. It broke down for the day 10 minutes after we got off.

Magnum XL sucked btw.

Titusfied 2006-01-04 07:59 AM

The new one at Six Flags Great Adventure is Kingda Ka, and I went there to ride it, but it wasn't open that fucking day.. I was soo pissed. You can't beat the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world though!

I love roller coasters, they're my best friend.

MightyJoe 2006-01-04 08:45 AM

Yea, Cedar Point is a great place. I think this is the first summer where I didn't go down there in about 6 years. Trying to get on all thier coasters in one day is really hard, but I did it once or twice. Now they might have too many to hit them all in one day.

gruesomeBODY 2006-01-04 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
Kingda Ka

Thats the name of it. I saw the construction of it when i was there last and nearly shit my pants just seeing how high it goes.

Ive been on Nitro when its broken down while climbing the lift. Instead of getting u out, they fix it and expect to be in the right frame of mind to ride it. Now thats a thrill rush

JRwakebord 2006-01-04 11:26 AM

Roller Coasters are the ONLY good reason for going to an amusement park. I love Cedar Point solely for the sheer amount of coasters there. Two of my favorites are The Beast at King's Island, and Superman at Six Flags New England.

Titusfied 2006-01-04 11:37 AM

I think Six Flags Great Adventure has finally put together a cast of rollercoasters that rivals, if not surpasses Cedar Point now.

Lenny 2006-01-04 12:26 PM

America has far too many Roller Coasters.

I think I might take a Gap Year and come for a visit, just to go to all these Amusement Parks and ride the Roller Coasters.

Grav 2006-01-04 02:08 PM

Are you a rich mother fucker?

Lenny 2006-01-04 02:16 PM

Not just yet. But I plan on being. I've still got two years until a possible Gap year. I have plans. :)

Thanatos 2006-01-04 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRwakebord
Roller Coasters are the ONLY good reason for going to an amusement park. I love Cedar Point solely for the sheer amount of coasters there. Two of my favorites are The Beast at King's Island, and Superman at Six Flags New England.

The Beast is a pretty decent roller coaster. It's the fastest, highest wooden roller coaster in the world, if I remember correctly. They have another The Beast roller coaster there now that is faster than the original.