Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Rare beginning work on DS! (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36993)

Raziel 2005-07-12 07:46 PM

Rare beginning work on DS!

IGN reported a few days ago that reputable British game developer Rare, responsible for the Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye franchises on past Nintendo consoles, will be starting work on Nintendo's new handheld shortly.

About three or four years ago, Rare, who was originally partially owned by Nintendo, was sold to Microsoft for an estimated $250 million pricetag. However, in spite of this, Rare's activity in the handheld field (namely with Gameboy Advance games) continued in stride. It appears that, along with continued work on the GBA, Rare has now opened up development positions for Nintendo DS development teams as well.

Here's hoping that we see a few new badass entries in the Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark series. Here's also holding out for the meager possibility of seeing a new Blast Corps or Jet Force Gemini.

Xenn 2005-07-12 08:14 PM

Here's hoping to a DS emulator for the PSP.. so Sony can consume Nintendo and become a dominant force in foreign politics for when they begin production of weapons of mass destruction which will be used to bring down China when it becomes a superpower in 2025 when outsourcing peaks.

But that's all just speculation of course... you go DS

Hades-Knight 2005-07-12 08:43 PM

im having so much fun playing down...... *acquired* games off my memory stick. although they are shit anyway :( bitches think they can selll those shitty games fir $40+ pfftt

Xenn 2005-07-12 10:26 PM

Hey hey.. Coded Arms is one heck of a game.

WetWired 2005-07-13 07:10 AM

DS emulator for the PSP... Yeah, that'll work, cause the PSP has two screens one of which is touch sensitive, too. :rolleyes:

Xenn 2005-07-13 08:08 AM

http://img285.exs.cx/img285/8407/dspsp5sz.jpg

Well well

Original Sin 2005-07-13 08:19 AM

OWNED!

So what if its not touch sensitive, it can display stats and such for certain games.

Sovereign 2005-07-13 08:21 AM

Cuz itll be totally fun and comfortable when a game requires more then just the D pad.

Original Sin 2005-07-13 09:14 AM

Obviously it was a joke.

Sovereign 2005-07-13 09:23 AM

Obviously I have no sense of humor.

Raziel 2005-07-13 04:39 PM

Is it impossible to post a thread in here without you invariably barging in to discuss your PSP? This isn't about you being a cheap, childish theif and stealing games that other people worked hard to make. This isn't about how much you love your PSP, and how much you obsessively hate anything not made by Sony. It's about Rare developing games for the DS. You are such a moron.

I'm the only person who's even commented on the Rare issue. What the hell is wrong with this picture?

Original Sin 2005-07-13 08:00 PM

Well, Rare are good at making games. But I don't own a PSP or DS so I will not get to play theses games. I guess im gonna miss out on a lot.

I never played Jet Force Gemini or Banjo-Kazooie. I loved Perfect Dark though and it sucks that it is gonna be an Xbox 360 game, hopefully it will be released on all three. Just hope their is a chance.

Hades-Knight 2005-07-13 08:02 PM

I wuv rare for making goldeneye!

JiN-RaiDeN 2005-07-13 10:24 PM

Ah, this is almost what I've been waiting for. A buddy and I were just talking a few days ago about how we used to do the four way split screen Goldeneye on Nintendo 64. If Rare makes a Perfect Dark game for the DS, I'll finally be able to play, and NOT have someone looking at my screen!

As happy as this announcement makes me, it'll be wishful thinking to believe Microsoft would allow Rare to make a Perfect Dark game for the Nintendo DS, even though its sales would not directly affect the 360 at all. Hmm... it'll be interesting to see where this leads. *cough* Banjo Kazooie sucks *cough*

Raziel 2005-07-13 10:40 PM

Banjo-Kazooie was genius. Nice to see you back, Jin.

Xenn 2005-07-14 09:20 AM

Not exactly genius since it just ripped off Mario 64, but it was a good game.

Raziel 2005-07-14 04:21 PM

How did it rip off Mario 64? By being a 3D platformer? Then that would make Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter, Rayman, Conker and a load of other games rip-offs as well. The gameplay in Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie was night and day. The only similarities were in broad-terms of level variety and the fact that they were both 3D platformers.

Why not just call all videogames a ripoff of Pong, if we're going to use such broad terms?

Hades-Knight 2005-07-14 08:22 PM

Calm down Raz...is not that serious....

Xenn 2005-07-14 09:56 PM

Well, in both games you collect a shiny gold object which gives you access to later levels, which incidentally are accessed by running around a "main world castle" (I think Banjo-Kazooie had a castle).

There are other similarities too. It doesn't matter, Banjo-Kazooie was just as fun.

Raziel 2005-07-22 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Dick With Ears
Calm down Raz...is not that serious....

Nobody addressed you, fat-sack. Speak when spoken to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenn
Well, in both games you collect a shiny gold object which gives you access to later levels, which incidentally are accessed by running around a "main world castle" (I think Banjo-Kazooie had a castle).

Then wouldn't Mario 64 be a ripoff of the original Legend of Zelda, in which you collected golden Triforce pieces and skulked through "castle"-like environments? The two games had minor details in common, and not details that one or the other could claim they pioneered, either.