Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Advisor Position (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31205)

uncapped 2004-07-16 02:20 PM

Advisor Position

Idea. Why don't you use that "advisor" position, and give it to the few members trying to make zelaron better. Give them access to the admod forum, and let them get their ideas chugging along. Save the forum.

Sovereign 2004-07-16 02:21 PM

I'd be up for that idea. The only think I'm worried about though, is information leaking out of ad-mod into the normal boards -_-.

Demosthenes 2004-07-16 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovereign
I'd be up for that idea. The only think I'm worried about though, is information leaking out of ad-mod into the normal boards -_-.

You're telling me that any moderator couldn't do that?

Sovereign 2004-07-16 02:24 PM

I have more trust in a moderator then a new advisor. I was extremely paranoid when bob joined the team. I'm just stating thats one of my concerns.

uncapped 2004-07-16 02:26 PM

Anyone given an advisor position would likely be as trusted as a moderator.

And if you were paranoid about Bob, then you're insane. He's as moderator-like as a moose.

Demosthenes 2004-07-16 02:26 PM

I certainly like the idea, uncapped.

Sovereign, it's always a possibility, but everyone that has become a moderator thus far has become a moderator through good faith. You'd just have to do the same thing with the advisors. Tagging along a moderator title to someones name does not make them any less likely to spill information than tagging along an advisor title.

kockblocker1 2004-07-16 02:27 PM

Quote:

Are you guys discussing nuclear fusion or something? Planning the overthrow of the country? Why so hush hush about the “information” in the admins board?

Sovereign 2004-07-16 02:29 PM

Because it's supposed to be an area where just staff can converse about forumly issues and major upcoming decisions?

But, I might be to paranoid :D.

uncapped 2004-07-16 02:32 PM

Quote:

Because it's supposed to be an area where just staff can converse about forumly issues and major upcoming decisions?

But, I might be to paranoid :D.

It seems like it. The people I would have in mind would be something like:

mjondan2nd
Myself
Penny_Bags

Maybe another person, such as Thanatos, as well. But it all comes down to what Chruser thinks.

Jamesadin 2004-07-16 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncapped
Idea. Why don't you use that "advisor" position, and give it to the few members trying to make zelaron better. Give them access to the admod forum, and let them get their ideas chugging along. Save the forum.

I've been gunning for that for a while, now. Maybe this will get the Admins thinking more about it...because, personally I think it is a really good idea.

Penny_Bags 2004-07-16 03:25 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me too... but how are they different from mods exactly and shit like that. Could you be more specific as of what you think an Advisor would do?

Thanatos 2004-07-16 04:24 PM

I'm all for this idea. I'd help out even if I wasn't given the Advisor position. I'm tired of the same ol' same ol', and I stated this before the downtime. I lost all my constructive criticism posts, so... yeah.

Anyways, I love the idea.

WetWired 2004-07-16 04:28 PM

The advisor rank was created for use by any special-purpose staff without any moderation powers. So far, no one has been assigned the rank of advisor.

Slim 2004-07-16 04:30 PM

So....basically it's like a regular member, but with a couple diamonds and a slightly louder voice on what goes on with Zel?

kockblocker1 2004-07-16 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haha.. Geekstar edited WW's post. Funny.

P.S. Sorry for the off topic post but I thought it was funny.

HandOfHeaven 2004-07-16 05:22 PM

It think it is a good idea. Pick me?

It's there for using, and they can't do much of anything except have 2 diamonds under their name and be able to see the staff forum. The staff forum could get a little more of the issues, but I think that is covered with Sov always being on.

uncapped 2004-07-16 08:25 PM

Yeah, basically they would be able to view the ad-mod forum, and were in charge of basically doing what they can to improve Zelaron. Basically, they would be Representatives.

EDIT: Haha, it seems my new favorite word is "basically."

Slim 2004-07-16 08:27 PM

Ok, I didn't know they could view the ad/mod. D'oh!

platnum 2004-07-16 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncapped
Yeah, basically they would be able to view the ad-mod forum, and were in charge of basically doing what they can to improve Zelaron. Basically, they would be Representatives.

EDIT: Haha, it seems my new favorite word is "basically."

If they are going to be our representatives, then we should have a vote. Otherwise they wouldn't be represntatives.

uncapped 2004-07-16 09:27 PM

Go for it. Combining D3V and my idea. Sounds great.