Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chrome Physics Go Hollywood (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2450)

Hades-Knight 2002-04-15 02:36 PM

Chrome Physics Go Hollywood

Techland’s engine programming team has finished developing the real-time physics simulation of human bodies in Chrome. The system allows realistic body reactions with respect to all forces and collisions in the 3D shooter.

The approach in Chrome is based on human body physics developed by the creators of Hitman from Eidos Interactive. In Hitman, players could grab and drag a dead enemy. The system has been enhanced for Chrome with additional constraints in joints that work like muscles. These are unsettling effective at simulating the moment of death -- judging from video we have seen of two death animations in Chrome.

During the simulation various parts of a character’s body accurately collide with the environment, taking into account friction, gravity, explosions, wind and bullet hits. This enables the legs of a corpse lying on a table or barrier to swing in the air.

Once a character has been shot, the impact causes his body to react to the force of the bullet. The hit limb reacts first, then the rest of the body follows. When grenades or other explosives blow up close to a character, the force of the blow throws him in the opposite direction.

Examples of the uses of human body physics in Chrome are people falling down watchtowers once a grenade blows up at their feet and shot enemies falling down a steep hill. Snipers can also shoot an enemy down and watch him fall over a barrier. Players can even get into a car, speed up and hit an enemy soldier, watching him fly over the vehicle.

All of this allows spontaneous and unplanned stunts straight from Hollywood. Techland will release more information about Chrome soon.

hackerdude123 2002-04-15 09:42 PM

cool, where could i see the video?

JohnnyTAE 2002-04-16 05:31 PM

yeah I would also like to see some pics/videos

Chruser 2002-04-17 07:21 AM

It does sound pretty cute.
Can't wait ^_^

Mr.Lee 2002-04-17 10:36 AM

if the realease day is set , i can get this movie easyly

Boomerang 2002-04-17 12:29 PM

hi. i am new to the site, and i couldn't figure out where to post any questions. i am posting here. first off, i just wanted to know what the site is about besides just talking about games. do you guys play any roleplaying games here? also, i want to know how i can get a character by my post? everybody else seems to have one. i also want to knowwhat the side says. gold, weapon,armor, and item. If someone could take the time to write to me, my email is jordanprewitt@hotmail.com. thanks a lot guys. peace be with you.

-jordan-

tacoX 2002-04-19 04:24 PM

This site has Off-Topic, games, everything you can think of! Its one of the best gaming communties out!