Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Help (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   restarting computer problem help? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28539)

iceman887 2004-04-16 09:02 PM

restarting computer problem help?

When I was playing Far Cry, my computer just restarted on its own. It has happened I think three times now. I have a guess what might cause this which is my computer getting too hot and maybe my computer has some protection thing that if it gets too hot, it restarts? or can a computer do that? If you know exactly what is wrong, please tell me. :confused: :confused:

Grav 2004-04-16 09:39 PM

Probably overheating. Best thing to do is move your fridge to where the computer is, then put the computer inside the fridge, making sure you used moisture absorption products for a few days beforehand.

iceman887 2004-04-16 09:50 PM

wtf? are u being serious about the fridge thing? if so i really dont think i should do that and i dont want to risk my computer being messed up, if u are kidding plz tell me something else i can do

HandOfHeaven 2004-04-16 09:53 PM

IT does say to put it in a cool dry place. Otherwise it might be a RAM overload. I guess it just depends how long you play it.

iceman887 2004-04-16 10:13 PM

what is IT? but nevermind i am pretty sure what is causing it and it's not really overheat, it's just that on my easytune overclock thing the temperature threshold is at 60 and i guess when it gets to that level it restarts the computer but i was wondering if my computer just restarts in the middle of the game, do u think it might do anything to my computer like lose some saved stuff like a lot of warnings say or is it ok for the computer just to restart in the middle of a game?

HandOfHeaven 2004-04-16 10:22 PM

Oh sorry for the two caps, held shift too long. If you read your computer manual i believe that is it. It is, I am guessing, ok for it to quit in the middle of the game if you dont want that game saved.

iceman887 2004-04-17 07:30 AM

which computer manual? like of what part of the computer? there is no manual over the whole thing because my computer was made from different parts that i just bought, but my game automatically restarts, i was wondering if anything else might happen to the computer AT ALL if it just restarts automatically in the middle of something

HandOfHeaven 2004-04-17 11:23 AM

Well, I would go have it looked by a computer technician though. Didn't know you made it yourself. Mine has a manual for certain things because I got it out of the Dell catalog 4 years ago, and it still works fine.

iceman887 2004-04-17 04:16 PM

why would i waste money and let a computer technician look at it, nothings even really wrong omg

Eddie_Perez 2004-04-17 11:11 PM

Wtf, how do you expect anyone to help you? Should we telepathically figure out what all your pc specs are and diagnose? TELL US YOUR PC SPECS OR NO HELP FOR YOU! By that I mean motherboard model names and every other component in your pc, it should be simple since you built it yourself. And yes most motherboards are coming out with auto shut-off features so it doesn't melt.

Vollstrecker 2004-04-18 12:59 AM

If you're overclocking, that can cause heat issues.

If you can, enter your BIOS setup, let it sit there for a while, and give us a CPU Temp reading.

iceman887 2004-04-18 08:09 AM

i thought i just said i figured out what was wrong? all i wanted to know now is can anything bad or something happen to your computer when you restart like in a middle of a game?, wow, you dont always need computer specs just to help someone on their computer

Eddie_Perez 2004-04-19 11:06 PM

Yes you do... since all you have said is it restarts for no reason. You haven't even told us what Windows version you're running. There are a million things that could restart your pc. You can get disk errors on your harddrive, I'm not exactly sure, but it's not healthy for it.