Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   D3V is the first member to have 3 green bars (reputation) (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44436)

Thanatos 2008-01-21 02:22 PM

D3V is the first member to have 3 green bars (reputation)

Bet nobody saw that one coming!

D3V 2008-01-21 02:49 PM

+ Rep to you.

!King_Amazon! 2008-01-21 04:40 PM

Wonder how many of them are accounts he made just to rep himself.

talentedhamster 2008-01-21 05:45 PM

what are you guys talking about?

WetWired 2008-01-21 07:21 PM

I would agree except that you have to have 50 posts to rep someone.

Edit: 
Hmm. It would seem that D3V is in bed with afroman...

!King_Amazon! 2008-01-21 07:31 PM

Afroman has been negatively repping everyone, as far as I know. My guess would be D3v knows afroman, afroman gives everyone negative rep except D3v so he keeps his rotation going. That would explain it.

Regardless, D3v is a fag, and nobody cares about the rep system, so GTFOIRLIMO.

EDIT: On further investigation, it seems Afroman and D3v match IP addresses. That's a ban in my book, but I'll wait until WW makes the call.

Demosthenes 2008-01-21 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
Afroman has been negatively repping everyone, as far as I know.

He/She has positively repped me.

WetWired 2008-01-21 08:20 PM

Their IPs just recently converged though. It's possible that they are two separate people, or used to be...

Grav 2008-01-21 08:41 PM

It's pretty sad when D3v has to abuse the goddamn reputation system.

KagomJack 2008-01-22 02:14 AM

I feel sad. :(

D3V 2008-01-22 06:23 AM

Look, I may know him which is fine, we may even work together now, he may have gotten me a job. Look, Spector has like 6 people sharing his IP, and i'm sure there's plenty more floating around out there. I don't really have to disclose anything to you guys as IPs could alternately exchange at any point, and would you really think I'd be that stupid if I did have another account? Upon further investigaion No-one-gives-a-fuck.

Thanatos 2008-01-22 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
and nobody cares about the rep system

And why is that? A couple of months ago everybody was crying about how we need changes, we need something to spruce this place up, etc etc. WW finally gave us something and nobody uses it? Lame.

I still use it and I think other people should as well; just don't abuse it.

By the way, Afroman has + repped me multiple times. In fact, I just sent him a PM about a week ago asking him who he was and why he just logs into Zelaron to + rep me. Haven't received a response yet....

D3V 2008-01-22 06:58 AM

I may in fact know this guy and *hint* we may actually know each other IRL, I believe he registered a year or two ago right after we got outta HS but i'm not sure..

And I gotta agree with Thanatos, if nobody cares then whats the big deal? The mods we have suck, maybe a change should come into place. Like with the Government, when they convince you there isn't a need for change but the general consensus insists that it sucks, they want atleast something new to persuade their mood.

Titusfied 2008-01-22 08:03 AM

How can you check who gave you rep?

Also, I keep trying to give people rep that apparently I must've recently given to, and it won't let me. The rotation of actual members is dumb. The limit should be so many + reps to a member per time frame. Honestly, there is only like 2 or 3 people that I actually give rep to because they post good shit that I'M interested in, and they don't annoy me with stupid shit. However, by the contraints right now, I'm never going to be able to give rep to anyone else again unless I give it out to random people so I can restart the cycle....

Thanatos 2008-01-22 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
How can you check who gave you rep?

It should be on the first page of your User CP.

Grav 2008-01-22 03:17 PM

Is he your boyfriend?

KagomJack 2008-01-22 05:11 PM

I try to use it. :(

!King_Amazon! 2008-01-22 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos
And why is that? A couple of months ago everybody was crying about how we need changes, we need something to spruce this place up, etc etc. WW finally gave us something and nobody uses it? Lame.

I still use it and I think other people should as well; just don't abuse it.

By the way, Afroman has + repped me multiple times. In fact, I just sent him a PM about a week ago asking him who he was and why he just logs into Zelaron to + rep me. Haven't received a response yet....

It's easily abused and offers no rewards. As I've said before, we need a shop, where you can acrue and spend points, so things like activity and reputation might actually matter.

The problem is, a shop isn't as easy as it sounds.

Until then, the rep system is nothing but numbers, and the numbers don't even mean anything, which is clear now that D3v is the first person to get 3 green bars.

!King_Amazon! 2008-01-22 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V
I may in fact know this guy and *hint* we may actually know each other IRL, I believe he registered a year or two ago right after we got outta HS but i'm not sure..

And I gotta agree with Thanatos, if nobody cares then whats the big deal? The mods we have suck, maybe a change should come into place. Like with the Government, when they convince you there isn't a need for change but the general consensus insists that it sucks, they want atleast something new to persuade their mood.

I'm confused about how you went from talking about rep to talking about how our mods suck.

Be more specific. What about our mods sucks? That they enforce the rules that you like to break on a regular basis?

slaynish 2008-01-22 08:40 PM

wait.. we have a reputation system?