Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   Evolution is Impossible.... (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41798)

Grav 2007-02-12 01:13 PM

Sorry, I thought you were just talking about the phases of matter

Lenny 2007-02-12 01:15 PM

Nah, I haven't learnt any of that. :p I only know about Matter up to GCSE level, above is beyond me.

KagomJack 2007-02-12 01:29 PM

Goddammit, MJ, you're making too much sense. I demand you stop.

Draco 2007-02-12 02:21 PM

I do understand that matter cannot be created or destroyed, I am just stating that the black hole or star would have caused a state change...
also the Cosmic Background Explorer just detects microwaves from the galaxy, and like light microwaves spread out like a wave in the water, over a great distance the microwaves could have come from any where....who could positively say that the waves are not comming from a nearby or distant source?

!King_Amazon! 2007-02-12 02:23 PM

FUCK BLACK JESUS ARGHHHHH!

but I want all caps this time

Draco 2007-02-12 02:39 PM

Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....

Grav 2007-02-12 02:43 PM

Uh... the Earth was not created for us, rather life on this planet adapted to the conditions. I'd say you should take a few more science based courses before discussing this.

!King_Amazon! 2007-02-12 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitonSurge
Uh... the Earth was not created for us, rather life on this planet adapted to the conditions. I'd say you should take a few more science based courses before discussing this.

QFTDIAF caps

Lenny 2007-02-12 02:45 PM

OOooh! Ask him how old the Earth is!

KagomJack 2007-02-12 02:47 PM

I'd say more, but Grav rather put it into perspective nicely.

Grav 2007-02-12 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny
OOooh! Ask him how old the Earth is!

It's over NINE THOUSAND!!!!

!King_Amazon! 2007-02-12 02:49 PM

It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!

Demosthenes 2007-02-12 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
It's well over NINE THOUSAND!!!!

9003?

KagomJack 2007-02-12 02:51 PM

It's 666 thousand!

Grav 2007-02-12 02:52 PM

9000 what? specify units kthx

Lenny 2007-02-12 02:54 PM

9000 units of half a million years!

In'nit!

!King_Amazon! 2007-02-12 02:55 PM

9000 IQs duh

lyke guyz my IQ is well over 9000 i know wut im talkin about

Medieval Bob 2007-02-12 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco
Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....

Your argument is that one theory seems unlikely, and we don't have another one right now, so God must have done it? Are you serious? If that worked, then anytime we had a puzzle that was difficult to solve, we could just declare that God did it.

*We can't find the murder weapon. God must have deleted it!

*Where'd my other sock go? I didn't burn it. God must eaten it!

*Why is it raining outside?
Well, you see, water condenses and rises up into the air. This water forms clouds, and then the clouds release that water back to the ground.

Nahhh. That doesn't sound very likely. God must be doing it.

Grav 2007-02-12 03:32 PM

Naked gay avatar guy gets points.

Demosthenes 2007-02-12 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco
I do understand that matter cannot be created or destroyed, I am just stating that the black hole or star would have caused a state change...

That's irrelevant to the theory of evolution. And to the big bang theory as well, for that matter.

Quote:

also the Cosmic Background Explorer just detects microwaves from the galaxy, and like light microwaves spread out like a wave in the water, over a great distance the microwaves could have come from any where....who could positively say that the waves are not comming from a nearby or distant source?
Because the spectrum of the cosmic background radiation is very close to that of a blackbody. In fact, the spectrum picked up by COBE was much closer to that of a blackbody than anything we can produce in a lab. The only reasonable explanation for this is that it comes from a time when the universe was much hotter and denser than its current state. That, coupled with the fact that the deviations on the experimental values collected from COBE differ so slightly from theoretical values that they aren't even plotted on the graphs strongly implies that the big bang theory is valid.

Quote:

There are probably millions of planets. Some, surely, must have comprable conditions to those of earth. Furthermore, live has also adapted to the conditions presented to us. It does not need to be perfectly fine-tuned.