Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Help (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   OMFG ..... Help me? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44015)

kaos 2007-11-29 05:03 PM

OMFG ..... Help me?

K, so I had XP on this computer and I installed Vista on it and it kinda deleted all my drivers and I had to find out and download my sound, internet, and a few other drivers but I can't find out what my video driver is and Vista just uses "Standard VGA" bullshit but then when I do the "Run Test" on D2 it says testing DirectDraw and Direct3D but then nothing comes up on the list at the end and when I try to run D2 it says "Failed initializing DirectDraw". Omg help.

!King_Amazon! 2007-11-29 08:38 PM

You probably just need to re-install your video drivers.

kaos 2007-11-30 12:47 AM

I don't know what they are I downloaded a program that shows you all of your specific specs and it just shows my video driver as Standard VGA video card, but the video test won't show that up.

!King_Amazon! 2007-11-30 01:03 AM

You don't know what your video card is?

kaos 2007-11-30 01:08 AM

No...it doesn't show up on my computer anywhere. I'm not using my own computer and installing vista replaced the real drivers with some generic shitty drivers.

!King_Amazon! 2007-11-30 01:09 AM

Figure out what video card is in the computer and go download the latest drivers for that video card.

kaos 2007-11-30 01:23 AM

For sure. Lemme find my screwdriver.

D3V 2007-11-30 06:49 AM

You can always roll-back. Just do a system restore to last week some-time to be safe... And if not, do as said above.

Sum Yung Guy 2007-11-30 04:28 PM

Is your computer a store bought computer or is it custom built?
If its store bought just look on your computer as see what it is.... Dell, HP, Sony.... and then find the model number on the computer case somewhere. Goto the website for your computer and type in the model number and it will show drivers for all the stuff for that computer you can download.

kaos 2007-11-30 04:29 PM

Yeah, I was kinda thinking of that. Thx.

micdawg12 2007-12-04 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos
K, so I had XP on this computer and I installed Vista on it and it kinda deleted all my drivers and I had to find out and download my sound, internet, and a few other drivers but I can't find out what my video driver is and Vista just uses "Standard VGA" bullshit but then when I do the "Run Test" on D2 it says testing DirectDraw and Direct3D but then nothing comes up on the list at the end and when I try to run D2 it says "Failed initializing DirectDraw". Omg help.

well the first thing is to figure out what kind of card you have....

nvidia or ati, then go to there appropriate websites....and then look up the model type ( ...and to get that is to right click on your "my computer", then go to properties, then go to "device manager", and then under display devices it should show your model/type of your card ) then go to your appropriate website...nvidia or ati, then search for the drivers...install, reboot, and your problem will be fixed