Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We need new members? How are we going do it? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38226)

Grav 2005-12-01 01:02 PM

We need new members? How are we going do it?

Previously we attracted them via games and "hacks" like with DII. I guess Taco did some advertising too. But really the forum is just off topic nonsense now, which there are much larger forums for, like SomethingAwful. So how do we compete with that? We need ideas to get people to post.

The only thing I can think of right now is telling everyone on your buddy list to join the forum. http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38234

Demosthenes 2005-12-01 02:19 PM

A lot of new members seem to be playing WoW. Create an official Zelaron WoW guild on a new server where people would likely join a guild with an already existing member-base. I'm not going to quit playing on Burning Legion with Volls and all, but all the newer members in the game could go to the Zelaron guild on a new server and that would help attract members.

Of course, this doesn't have to be WoW. This idea could apply to pretty much any game.

Grav 2005-12-01 02:21 PM

So who's going to do it? I don't play WoW, so we would need someone to organize this. And to be honest, I doubt the people here are willing to do it. Not so much the organizing, but leaving their respective servers to play on the new one and be active. People are probably pretty niched into their little WoW worlds by now.

Bon Clay 2005-12-01 03:49 PM

I have an idea, make threads about something that is worth talking about.

Demosthenes 2005-12-01 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bon Clay
I have an idea, make threads about something that is worth talking about.

Please enlighten us with your vastly superior thread-making capabilities.

Bon Clay 2005-12-01 03:53 PM

Sorry I can't help you there, this is the limitation of my forum knowledge.

gruesomeBODY 2005-12-01 03:55 PM

i thought of a way to start gaining people to our forum through halo. I dont have the equipment, but somebody, maybe sue or glory, can make a montage and send it to me. I can then post it on many halo realted forumes and say that we chat about it here, with other games like dII. WoW, etc. i can also talk to guys on xbox live that i play with and encourage them to join but these are just ideas righ now.

platnum 2005-12-01 04:19 PM

Set up a D2 spam bot, thats easy.

Grav 2005-12-01 04:21 PM

But the D2 section of this is mostly dead.

platnum 2005-12-01 04:22 PM

If we get members that play d2, they are bound to talk about d2.

Grav 2005-12-01 04:22 PM

Well, are you willing to set up bots then?

Bon Clay 2005-12-01 04:26 PM

Honestly D2 is not a good basis, who the fuck still plays D2. I quit when they deleted my account back with that 1.10 patch.

Although I had stopped playing long before that, killing cows for hours loses its luster rather quickly.

Great-Thanatos 2005-12-01 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bon Clay
Although I had stopped playing long before that, killing cows for hours loses its luster rather quickly.

Its now baal's minions/ baal no cows..cows=sux=\

D3V 2005-12-01 10:35 PM

Even still it's boring, I recommend WoW base. Go to the Wow off topic forum and spam this website. Tell them you have hacks over here or something, I'm pretty sure that's how I got hooked back in the d2 days. (Bots 'n all)

Grav 2005-12-01 10:37 PM

Alright, then we've established that bots are a horrible idea.

Willkillforfood 2005-12-02 09:48 AM

Here here. If you create a WoW guild I will NOT participate :P. Got a guild on alleria now full of nice people that raids MC and such ;). No use leaving that :p. Good luck with it all though, Graviton bothered me on AIM to talk on here again :p.

Willkillforfood 2005-12-02 09:48 AM

One more thing ...stop having threads go bad so quickly. It's pretty annoying :P.

Willkillforfood 2005-12-03 07:14 AM

yea ...it's annoying now, I've lost about 20 posts worth of typing due to threads being out of date or whatever. I'm gonna do the honorable samurai thing and disembowel myself now. Goodnight.

Edited by WetWired 
BANNED for tripple posting

Chruser 2005-12-03 05:19 PM

Grav, interesting subject!

Google indexes approximately 133,000 pages containing the key word "Zelaron", most of which are threads on Zelaron.com. A majority of our visitors find the board via Google and other search engines when a thread's text content matches their search query.

What happens when a board has 436,118 unique posts? Quite a few people who have interests in things mentioned in those unique posts will inevitably visit the forum. In other words, one fool-proof way to get visitors is simply to add new content (make new posts) about interesting subjects, and wait for it to be indexed by search engines (may take 30 days or more on Google). 100 informative posts about World of Warcraft will bring... you got it, visitors interested in World of Warcraft.

The million dollar question is, what is the result of the current Chat Forum - World of Warcraft post ratio of 121863 : 3694?

Willkillforfood 2005-12-03 05:36 PM

That's alright because World of Warcraft r0xx0rz your b0xx0rz.