Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   The Last Political Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47218)

Wallow 2008-10-15 07:19 PM

The Last Political Debate

I think McCain is pretty repetitive. He still seems to like to attack Obama rather than display his views. I thought the story of "Joe the plumber" especially amusing, expecially since McCain probably made it up brainstorming last night.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/...mself-lk05.jpg

HandOfHeaven 2008-10-15 07:34 PM

McCain brought up the issue of negative campaiging when almost all of his ads are negative, and he's the one attacking Obama. Not saying that all of Obama's are positive, but not all of his completely attack McCain's ideals. McCain looks mentally handicapped, and should not be the Republican candidate. He always misses the point and does not answer the question. He just diverts to the past and veterans. You need to just lay down old man.

!King_Amazon! 2008-10-15 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandOfHeaven (Post 656823)
McCain brought up the issue of negative campaiging when almost all of his ads are negative, and he's the one attacking Obama. Not saying that all of Obama's are positive, but not all of his completely attack McCain's ideals. McCain looks mentally handicapped, and should not be the Republican candidate. He always misses the point and does not answer the question. He just diverts to the past and veterans. You need to just lay down old man.

I practically faceplanted into my desk when I read this headline on FARK a few days ago:

Presidential contender in 2000: "Sooner or later, people are going to figure out if all you run is negative attack ads you don't have much of a vision for the future or you're not ready to articulate it." Who? John McCain

Wallow 2008-10-15 08:06 PM

This parallels the debate between Obama and McCain too closely:

BORKED

Kazilla 2008-10-15 08:44 PM

l2[youtube]

Anywho, I feel asleep 1/2 way through the debate. I heard McCain respond to Obama and say this, "You have to really look at Obama's words. He said he wants to look at off shore drilling, look."
In McCains next comment he said he was interested in, "lowering the cost of a barrel of gas."

Duh, hey McCain.. look at what you said dipwad.

Asamin 2008-10-16 04:15 AM

It's official, if McCain gets elected, I'm moving out of country. That guys is just another George Bush, but dumber, if that is possible. I am still in shock that Bush went to Yale!

Grav 2008-10-16 06:44 AM

I have to admit McCain is a step or two above Bush. Bush is just... blatantly retarded.

But McCain still sucks.

D3V 2008-10-16 12:16 PM

It's pretty hard when comparing Bush and McCain's intellect. I think McCain could be slightly brainwashed from the RNC which may be dumbing down his true ideals. All-in-all I would say there was no winner.

Grav 2008-10-16 12:22 PM

I'll put it this way: I would rather that McCain had been President for the last eight years.

D3V 2008-10-16 12:27 PM

I can totally agree. But still, he basically is an extension (not as extreme) of the policies we've had the last few years; Consequently, that will cost him the election. Obama is basically an opposite, which is why he has so much favoritism.

Thanatos 2008-10-16 12:34 PM

McCain was, at times, very angry and frustrated in this debate. It looked like he was going to have a heart attack. I didn't like the fact how he thought Sarah Palin would be qualified to run this country. Pure bullshit. Any smart individual can see that.

Grav 2008-10-16 12:40 PM

He wasn't such a raging douchebag in 2000, from what I can remember. It's sad what politicians will do to get ahead.

D3V 2008-10-16 12:47 PM

I see your point; the problem is you must go with the present, and presently McCain is off his rocker and essentially impersonating president Bush.

Grav 2008-10-16 12:48 PM

McCain is just an egotist and really has no business being President.

D3V 2008-10-16 12:50 PM

I know one thing we could all agree on right now is that we need somebody to hear all sides of every story. That's what all of my McCain buddies tell me and it's hard to explain to them that somebody who only says what's popular at the time can do that.

Grav 2008-10-16 12:52 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to say

D3V 2008-10-16 01:00 PM

The country wants a centralist. McCain is not, but he plays off that he is.

Grav 2008-10-16 01:08 PM

What the people really want is RAWN PALL

Willkillforfood 2008-10-16 01:09 PM

Sure. The guy that'll dissolve about every public institution.

Grav 2008-10-16 01:11 PM

That way Kazilla cannot abuse the system