Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Gay marriage (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46395)

Wallow 2008-07-25 08:28 AM

Gay marriage

I forgot to post about this I think a week ago when I saw it on the news but... California legalized gay marriage
That just pisses me off, it seems like another step until all of the US's states will follow the same path as California

Thanatos 2008-07-25 08:41 AM

Why are you opposed to gay marriage?

quikspy67 2008-07-25 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 645122)
I forgot to post about this I think a week ago when I saw it on the news but... California legalized gay marriage
That just pisses me off, it seems like another step until all of the US's states will follow the same path as California

Dick.

Wallow 2008-07-25 08:46 AM

Yes, I am in fact opposed to gay marriage, what are you for it?

KagomJack 2008-07-25 10:14 AM

Thanks Wallow. As one of the few gay members on this forum, I would like to say it's always a wondrous sight to see people like you who say shit like this. Why are you against it? What would gay marriage even do to you? It hasn't changed the family structure in the places that it's been allowed. It hasn't turned a mass of children gay, it hasn't demoralized those areas, the slippery slope argument of "then we should allow bestiality/pedophilia" has been shot down and not even been acknowledged in those countries/states/etc.

It's not as if someone is going to put a gun to your head, tell you to make out with some random dude and marry him and never be able to be with a woman. What is so incomprehensible to me in this world filled with hate, avarice, genocide, and complete inanity is that people still hold onto these core beliefs that gay people shouldn't be granted the same rights as everyone else in the world. What's your excuse for not wanting it? Really, tell me. Oh, and don't give me the bullshitted "gays can marry people, just of the opposite gender," that excuse is contrite and weak. And the slippery slope retort I mentioned earlier is out. I don't hear much about people in South Africa banging little kids or the monkies around as I don't hear much about Californians and people in Massachusetts doing the same.

So explain yourself.

Thanatos 2008-07-25 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 645128)

I'm not for it, nor am I against it. I think people should have the right to do as they please marriage-wise. Why should we deny two people in love the right to marriage? Because the bible says homosexuality is a sin?

Well, I guess you'd have to believe in the bible then. Oops.

KagomJack 2008-07-25 02:46 PM

I'm still waiting for Wallow to half-assedly defend his position.

!King_Amazon! 2008-07-25 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 645128)

I'm against it myself. I can't believe all of those god damn homos want to get gay with each other in the privacy of their own homes. What if my children hear that people are getting gay? What will happen to the family structure?!?!

GUYS IM GETTING SCARED

I don't particularly care if homosexuals are allowed to marry or not. I don't think marriage is really the issue to me. The issue is that homosexuals cannot get the same rights that heterosexuals can, from marriage. I've heard horror stories of homosexuals having one partner end up nearly dying, be in the hospital unconsious, and the hospital not let their partner in because they're not "family."

There are a lot of legal benefits of marriage that homosexuals are denied, and it causes a lot of problems for them. Sure, you can argue that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because it's a holy union between two people of the opposite sex and homosexuality is a sin and blah blah whatever the fuck else that homo at your church tells you, but there's no way you can make a valid argument that homosexuals should be DENIED the same rights that heterosexuals get from marriage.

hotdog 2008-07-25 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 645161)
I'm against it myself. I can't believe all of those god damn homos want to get gay with each other in the privacy of their own homes. What if my children hear that people are getting gay? What will happen to the family structure?!?!

GUYS IM GETTING SCARED

I don't particularly care if homosexuals are allowed to marry or not. I don't think marriage is really the issue to me. The issue is that homosexuals cannot get the same rights that heterosexuals can, from marriage. I've heard horror stories of homosexuals having one partner end up nearly dying, be in the hospital unconsious, and the hospital not let their partner in because they're not "family."

There are a lot of legal benefits of marriage that homosexuals are denied, and it causes a lot of problems for them. Sure, you can argue that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because it's a holy union between two people of the opposite sex and homosexuality is a sin and blah blah whatever the fuck else that homo at your church tells you, but there's no way you can make a valid argument that homosexuals should be DENIED the same rights that heterosexuals get from marriage.

Actually they found out that marriage crap was added in by a group of nobles who bribed the church to turn bonding into some holy piece of shit. Why would someone do that? Turns out some of the bastards had it turned into a church affair because they were afraid of potential brides marrying women and not carrying on their royal line as even back then they knew two women could not make a baby.

@ Wallow. Cling to your faith like a little baby suckling his mothers teat. Your political tactics are forfeit to me!

KagomJack 2008-07-25 08:08 PM

Still waiting for that rebuttal.

Vault Dweller 2008-07-25 09:24 PM

Homosexuals should have the right to be as miserable as any other married couple out there.

For me, there shall be no marriage of any sort.

Unless, of course, I find that one beautiful, intelligent woman who is not opposed to a Ninja/Pirate/Zombie wedding theme.

Wallow 2008-07-26 12:30 AM

This is hilarious, I'm sorry, but everyone is getting worked up over nothing. I started this thread really because this forum hasn't had some decent discussion in a while. This was an experiment really, to see what people would say when I stated that gay marriage is bad. I thought that there would be two sides, opposed to gay marriage and for it. But so far everyone has either been neutral or for it. Now for my opinion explained, I'm not against gays or anything like that, I just don't think that they should be married. I think that civil unions should be kept intact, and marriage should be kept between a female and a male (not crossdressers). No, I'm not some sort of religious freak as all of you have depicted me, I just think gay marriage is wrong (my opinion again).

HandOfHeaven 2008-07-26 12:46 AM

Why ?

quikspy67 2008-07-26 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 645184)
This was an experiment really, to see what people would say when I stated that gay marriage is bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 645184)
I just think gay marriage is wrong

Expermiment? At the end you you say you actully think it's wrong, why do you think it's wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KagomJack (Post 645137)
Why are you against it? What would gay marriage even do to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KagomJack (Post 645137)
It's not as if someone is going to put a gun to your head, tell you to make out with some random dude and marry him and never be able to be with a woman.

Seriously why?

Wallow 2008-07-26 08:51 AM

Dude, you can't change my opinion. I just don't like gay marriage, that's all. As I've said before, I'm not against gays in any way.

hotdog 2008-07-26 09:34 AM

The question is not, "What can we do to change your opinion?" it's, "WHY?". Huge difference dude. Don't know how you can believe something without a reason. That is essentially what you are saying. You have no reason to not want it but you still don't. People want to know why. Answer the question or they will just think you are a religious zealot since only a religious freak would have belief without reason.

Belief without reason is clearly a sign of either brainwashing or brainwashing. Pick one religious nutjob.

quikspy67 2008-07-26 10:20 AM

No shit where do you get "Dude, you can't change my opinion." from "why"?

KagomJack 2008-07-26 10:39 AM

Can you just answer a simple question? WHY is it wrong? WHY are you really against it? What is your basis in thinking it's wrong?

No one's trying to change your opinion.

Wallow 2008-07-26 10:42 AM

Ok, my parents raised me that way, happy?

quikspy67 2008-07-26 10:44 AM

So they just told you to get angered when the thought of gay marriage enters your mind?