Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   The US should obliterate N. Korea. (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49120)

Lenny 2009-06-04 08:37 AM

The US should obliterate N. Korea.

As we all know, N. Korea have been testing nuclear warheads recently, and have quite a nice stockpile of missiles. Many believe they pose a threat, but some feel otherwise:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLG, Diplomat-in-Training
Why is the US so afraid of N. Korea and their Nucleur Bombs when we have Super Lasers that shoot beams as hot as a star. The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over.

The house proposes: "The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over."

Thoughts? Are you in opposition, or support of the proposition? Why?

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-04 10:41 AM

No.

Terrorism is bad regardless of who is commiting it.

Chruser 2009-06-04 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 673879)
No.

It isn't terrorism if you write the history books.

Willkillforfood 2009-06-04 11:21 AM

This is all on China's back. If they don't shut N. Korea down, then it's not our fault :D.

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-04 11:23 AM

Why is it on China's back? If North Korea uses nuclear force against another country, we're just as responsible for not stopping them as China or anyone else.

Willkillforfood 2009-06-04 11:40 AM

China is directly enabling it by giving them power and helping them launder their money. If China quit sending aid over the regime would be gone in a few months probably ...a huge chunk of all their supplies crosses over from there.

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-04 11:42 AM

Then it sounds to me like if we want things taken care of we'll have to do it ourselves.

I still don't see how any of that puts the responsibility solely on China to disarm North Korea.

Chruser 2009-06-04 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 673885)
Why is it on China's back? If North Korea uses nuclear force against another country, we're just as responsible for not stopping them as China or anyone else.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9012/18729417.jpg

Willkillforfood 2009-06-04 11:44 AM

With China they can nuke people. Without China they can't. There doesn't have to be military action, if China will just shut off the flow of aid it's GG. That's why I think it's solely China's fault if they do nuke someone. They have almost absolute control.

WetWired 2009-06-04 02:13 PM

Terrorists aim for civilians.
Legitimate war aims at military and government.
Dropping the father of all nukes to "obliterate N. Korea and take it over" isn't really aiming, so who's to say what it is?

Wallow 2009-06-04 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 673888)
Then it sounds to me like if we want things taken care of we'll have to do it ourselves.

I still don't see how any of that puts the responsibility solely on China to disarm North Korea.

This is why so many countries despise the US, because we're always in everyone's business.

Let's just all be like Australia~

BORKED

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-04 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 673901)
Terrorists aim for civilians.
Legitimate war aims at military and government.
Dropping the father of all nukes to "obliterate N. Korea and take it over" isn't really aiming, so who's to say what it is?

If I throw a hand full of rocks into a crowd full of people, I'm not aiming at any one person, but I'm still throwing rocks at people.

Also, God frowns upon killing innocents.

Demosthenes 2009-06-04 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 673879)
No.

QFT.

Quote:

Also, God frowns upon killing innocents.
GG.

See ya!

WetWired 2009-06-04 06:24 PM

True as those things may be, it doesn't make dropping a bomb that will destroy a whole country terrorism. It may be a lot of things, but it isn't terrorism.

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-04 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 673924)
True as those things may be, it doesn't make dropping a bomb that will destroy a whole country terrorism. It may be a lot of things, but it isn't terrorism.

Is arguing semantics a big hobby of yours? You seem to like doing it, A LOT.

The point is, dropping a bomb on North Korea is WRONG. Call it terrorism or not, it's still wrong, and that's the point I was making. You're accomplishing nothing by arguing with me, other than further making yourself look like a douche bag.

HandOfHeaven 2009-06-04 08:26 PM

Russia should 'bring down the hammer'.

Goodlookinguy 2009-06-04 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny (Post 673863)
As we all know, N. Korea have been testing nuclear warheads recently, and have quite a nice stockpile of missiles. Many believe they pose a threat, but some feel otherwise:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLG
Why is the US so afraid of N. Korea and their Nucleur Bombs when we have Super Lasers that shoot beams as hot as a star. The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over.

The house proposes: "The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over."

Thoughts? Are you in opposition, or support of the proposition? Why?

You know, it was a joke when I said we should just obliterate them. I was trying to express the fact that everyone is scared of a country that is not a real threat to anyone. The nuclear bombs they have are as powerful as the ones from WW2. We now have nuclear bombs ten-times as powerful. And if we wanted to, at any time, the US or other large country could annihilate them within a blink of an eye. That's what I meant by my statement. Okay, I'm out.

WetWired 2009-06-04 11:14 PM

So because our bombs are bigger, theirs are less of a threat? A bomb that can decimate a city is still a bomb that can level a city, even if we have a bomb that can level a county.

Goodlookinguy 2009-06-05 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 673935)
So because our bombs are bigger, theirs are less of a threat? A bomb that can decimate a city is still a bomb that can level a city, even if we have a bomb that can level a county.

And the moment they blow up a city, we annihilate the country.

HandOfHeaven 2009-06-05 08:28 AM

You just want a nuclear holocaust now don't yah?