Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Dreams in color? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50687)

WetWired 2011-08-12 06:08 AM

Dreams in color?

I've always heard that humans dream in black and white; however, on multiple occasions I've remembered colors in a dream. This morning, I actually remember having remarked in the dream about the odd, vibrant colors of an object.

Lenny 2011-08-12 07:57 AM

Humans do dream in colour, it's just that most people don't remember. There are only a small percentage of people who dream in black and white.

I think it's also true that as you get older, you start to dream in less colour.

-Spector- 2011-08-12 07:59 AM

I dream in color all the time.

KagomJack 2011-08-12 08:17 AM

All the dreams I remember are in color. In fact, I just woke up from a dream where I beat down a bunch of young punks with a baseball bat and ingenuity (at one point I grabbed one of them by the legs and swung him around, hitting the others). The colors were pretty vibrant and realistic!

jamer123 2011-08-12 11:33 AM

i dream in color all the time ...

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-12 11:35 AM

I've never heard that humans dream in black and white. Generally, I think your dreams resemble your reality. If you have been blind from birth, you do not see any images in your dreams, as your brain has no recording of such things to display. I suspect if you are color blind, your dreams would similarly only show images your brain has references for, so they would not be in color. But I think only 1-2% of humans are color blind.

WetWired 2011-08-12 04:54 PM

Some of the stuff I dream up is definately completely original material o_O

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-12 05:01 PM

I could make an original image from 1000 other images, that doesn't change the fact that the resources are not new.

kaos 2011-08-12 05:17 PM

I had a dream yesterday that I was being chased by some sort of giant serial killer monster thing, and then realized it was a dream and knew if I died in the dream it would probably wake me up so I kept running and jumping through empty windows and then it finally caught me but it didn't kill me just hit me with a giant hammer and I couldn't get up for a while and then as soon as it looked away I got up and sprinted and then it started chasing me again, but it was weird because I would be running and it would be walking and but still faster then me, and then I freaked out and woke up. :O

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-12 05:45 PM

I had a dream about a week ago that I trained bees to vomit into my mouth.

I don't really have many dreams these days, since I smoke so much pot. It suppresses my REM sleep. The fact that I tend to sleep for only a few hours at a time doesn't really help.

D3V 2011-08-16 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 694441)
I've never heard that humans dream in black and white. Generally, I think your dreams resemble your reality. If you have been blind from birth, you do not see any images in your dreams, as your brain has no recording of such things to display. I suspect if you are color blind, your dreams would similarly only show images your brain has references for, so they would not be in color. But I think only 1-2% of humans are color blind.

This. I've never had a black and white dream. It's always been color.

WetWired 2011-08-17 08:58 AM

I'd always heard that the brain often adds color when you remember them, and that the lack thereof doesn't seem odd during.

Xenn 2011-08-17 05:12 PM

I know I definitely dream in color. I even remarked during a lucid dream once that my dreams seemed to be in HD.

WetWired 2011-08-17 06:11 PM

Eyesight failing you?

jamer123 2011-08-17 07:12 PM

i have pain in my dreams ..... i had a dream once were i got shot in the head .... worse headache ive had ..... lasted 2 days straight

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-17 07:21 PM

You probably have a tumor.

jamer123 2011-08-17 07:23 PM

nah ...

kaos 2011-08-19 01:10 AM

I fucking hate having those dreams when you get something like money, cars, etc. Shit you really wanted, and you wake up thinking it was real until you realize it wasn't.

Dreams fuck with your emotions that's a sure.

--------

Kinda offtopic: Ive been looking at some shroom reports on the shroomery and some have reported going into an 8 hour coma, but during that 8 hours of being heavily fucked up, the shrooms make you lose sense of time to the point where one guy was living in medievil times for 100+ years.

I guess it's all in the head. xD

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-19 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 694490)
Dreams fuck with your emotions that's a sure.

Try not dreaming for a while. That really fucks with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 694490)
Kinda offtopic: Ive been looking at some shroom reports on the shroomery and some have reported going into an 8 hour coma, but during that 8 hours of being heavily fucked up, the shrooms make you lose sense of time to the point where one guy was living in medievil times for 100+ years.

I guess it's all in the head. xD

One of the ways in which I think humanity can achieve immortality is to utilize dreams to create a world where we can live in our dreams. I've had dreams where time passed noticeably faster or slower than the actual time I was awake, so our perception of the passage of time is definitely variable in dreams. It seems feasible that one could somehow live in a dream for 1000+ years during what would normally be considered a human lifetime (~80 years). At that point, assuming that our bodies are not in danger and are up kept as necessary, we are effectively immortal compared to a normal human. It might even be possible to significantly lower the body temperature or something else to preserve the body beyond the normal human lifespan, assuming we don't need to utilize it anymore and it serves only to hold our minds.

kaos 2011-08-19 09:25 PM

You'd probably forget everything about reality, 1000 dream/brain years is a long time to wash off 20, or even 30 years of reality. It's like prisoners being incarcerated and getting institutionalized, you'll come back feeling like the bird man in Shawshank Redemption.

There are alot of people who'd give anything to escape life, though.