Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   RPGMaker (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   New Battle system help for rm2k3 (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42274)

frostedsn0 2007-04-24 07:08 PM

New Battle system help for rm2k3

I have seen it in video so I am out to find out how. I whant to know howto make my monster anims ACTUALLY be animated and how do I use my battle2 file(Battle animations) to give me more creative characters(for example: maybe a bigger character, actually does neat attacks, like clouds omni-slash in ff7). Like I said, I have seen it done. Any tips plz post!

Nero Angelo 2007-04-25 11:28 AM

Perhaps?

Can you perhaps paste a link? So we know precisley what you are talking about.

frostedsn0 2007-04-25 02:46 PM

LOL I found out how.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nero Angelo
Can you perhaps paste a link? So we know precisley what you are talking about.

I found out how.....they use custom cbs and other stuff and made a new system all together lol. Ima give it a nice big try, then the time will come for the ULTIMATE rpgmaker 2k3 game. Oh, Even means bigger and more than 3 tile movement battle charas. The possibilities go so far ;). Talk about puttin out some effort to make a cool game lol.

Atnas 2007-04-25 06:53 PM

But it's all event based, which means you have lots of lag, right?

;) I know it's easy in RMXP, however I havent tried it on 2k3 yet.

Good luck bro.

Asamin 2007-04-28 06:07 AM

When i get RMXP i'll learn how to do that better then all of you!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (this laugh was intended to have evil music w/ it and have lightning flash behind me).

frostedsn0 2007-05-04 02:35 PM

There is also something called ABS (or known as action battle system much like zelsa games). Although this takes FOREVER at times to program into your rm2k3 or rmXP, it is worth the try.

CBS is command based where abs is simply action based(Zelda style).

Wed-G 2007-05-05 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostedsn0
Although this takes FOREVER at times to program into your rm2k3 or rmXP, it is worth the try.

Actually, it takes just a few minutes from start to finish in a just a few steps.

Lenny 2007-05-05 08:13 AM

Come on then, Wed, you can't just leave it at that without enlightening us! :p

frostedsn0 2007-05-07 10:23 AM

LOL Wed....I just took the SHORT version of the tutorial for ABS in the rpgmaker2k3 and I must say....I am pretty smart at this programming and scripting stuff and it takes a good while. Sure ANYBODY can make an entity with a villian pic move about and when or if it touches the hero it causes damage, however, that doesn't even scratch the surface of what it takes to make a descent looking game such as Zelda ABS. You must either "rip" or draw you own spirits for each act such as striking, death, defense, speacial skills, item using, other usings such as keys, and the death sprite of not only you, but every differant enemy and/or partner in the game. Not to mention you have to set the range for different attacks by setting up your X, and Y, coordinates and you -X, and -Y, coordinates for each differant villian(monster) and the hero for all for(even 8 if ya wanna get fancy) directions. Then you have to set up a HUGE SPOOL of variables containing stuff like enemy HP and other things, THEN you must do the same for your character/ers. The only real short thing in this proccess is switches. I would HIGHLY recommend the RMXP for the ABS. The reason being, it is WAAY more simple due to scripts. There are a LOT of scripters if you don't whant to make one yourself who would let you use their custom made ABS scripts. A simple 5 minutes of Copy/Paste and VUALAH! This also saves in lagg for some of you with the older computers.(Some may require customizd spirits).