Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   LiveWire = Banned? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37299)

Titusfied 2005-08-12 10:13 AM

LiveWire = Banned?

What happened to cause this? I just noticed, don't know why though..

!King_Amazon! 2005-08-12 10:57 AM

He probably showed WetWired up or something, you know that's how things work in the mafia.

Thanatos 2005-08-12 11:16 AM

These are dark days.

Adrenachrome 2005-08-12 11:56 AM

Uh.. Wtf yea, why is he banned?

Sovereign 2005-08-12 12:09 PM

Banned for ripping off the synthesis theme on his own website.

pr0xy 2005-08-12 01:44 PM

Wasn't he banned before for something like that also?

Penguin 2005-08-12 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovereign
Banned for ripping off the synthesis theme on his own website.

Yap. Chruser even tried to message him on AIM and livewire was all "Yeah it was a good rip huh?" and well Chruser does not like having things ripped without permission. Who needs Live wire when you have a Wet wire(d).

Demosthenes 2005-08-12 04:02 PM

:(

There goes another good member. We're short on those these days.

Penguin 2005-08-12 04:09 PM

110% Chruser's idea ^_^

JRwakebord 2005-08-12 04:13 PM

While it sucks getting members banned, I can side with Chruser on this one.

Penguin 2005-08-12 04:14 PM

Yeap, I sided with him too ^_^

Thanatos 2005-08-12 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjordan2nd
:(

There goes another good member. We're short on those these days.

He wasn't that active and we really don't have that many dumbasses as before.

BarbWire 2005-08-12 08:21 PM

In my defense, I would like to post about the situation.

The style was publicly available online for download. This person told me about it and where to download it. So I did, and I used it. I had it up on my website for almost a year; without anyone ever saying anything.

I got an IM from Chruser and this is what was said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIM
[04:52] Zelaron: Nice rip there.
[04:53] Zelaron: With Google ads and all.
[04:59] LiveWireeed: Thanks, It was nice at first, but it got old fast. It attracts the wrong audience and spirt to the community. I have plans on doing a redesign with the upcoming vBulletin release. I wasn't actually the one to rip it; someone else was. They where just kind enough to send me the zip.
[05:01] LiveWireeed: Well what do you know, I've been banned. lol
[05:02] LiveWireeed: You have to admit though, it was a nice rip.

He never said anything to me after that on AIM that night, instead he made a post about it at vBulletin.org. Which can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93958

He then sent an email to my webhost, which so happens to be a very close friend of mine. So I sent Chruser an email which said the following:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email LiveWire Sent
Hellow Sir,

Deaths, my administrators, says he found that style at a site where
they were available to download for free for public use. If you could prove,
however, that the style is licensed to you, then we would be talking
about an illegal distribution of your work. But then again, maybe my
administrator
is simply lying, even though I would doubt that?

However, I will take down the style with proof of you being the actual author.
Ask your attorny to send me a confirmaion, and I will gladly take the
style down as well.

--
Best Regards,
Ken Iovino Jr

He then IMed me on AIM about 20 mins after I sent that email. This was the conversation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIM
Zelaron (6:46:32 AM): What are the alternatives?
LiveWireeed (6:47:58 AM): Give me a day or so to upload a new style, and unban my zelaron account.
LiveWireeed (6:49:14 AM): (quote=Deaths)I offered them quite a good price for the skin but never got a reply from WW, you can mention that.(/quote)
Zelaron (6:53:26 AM): That is nice, but you will have to be more substantial than that, regarding my previous experience with your less successful attempt to "rip off" Zelaron's "Synthesis" theme, and the registration of another domain name very similar to zelaron.com for the sake of misleading users.
Zelaron (6:53:54 AM): I have to depart for roughly 30 hours. Goodbye.
Zelaron signed off at 6:54:09 AM.

Afterwards, I decided to take the style down from the public; I'm hoping Chruser will unban my account here at Zelaron, because I wouldn't want the style to be avaliable to all 4,000 of my members who want to download it. Unless of course Chruser can have his antorney send me a confirmaion; that the style is indeed has a copyright and is licensed to him.

LiveWire

Adrenachrome 2005-08-12 08:27 PM

Ain't that about a bitch...

Kaneda 2005-08-12 09:36 PM

Ohh we have drama! Wonderfull :D

WetWired 2005-08-13 01:01 AM

In the USA, where the style was first used, creators have copyright over intellectual property upon its generation. No registration is needed to secure rights under copyright law.

S2 AM 2005-08-13 09:19 AM

Sorry if this seems out of place, but you seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on something that doesn't seem like a big deal. Could someone put a link to the page which you are talking about? I guess I'd be pretty angry if someone ripped off my work, too, but it doesn't sound like it was for prophet, was it?

Lenny 2005-08-13 09:31 AM

Just click the link to the thread on the vBulletin site. The link to LiveWires site is on there.

It is a big deal. Chruser put a lot of work into making that style exclusively for this site. If you dig back through the posts you'll find one about a Legal Argument when someone was saying Chruser ripped his forums header. He made more fuss than Chruser is doing. I think that a lawsuit for copyright infringment could be started...though whether Chruser would want that I haven't a clue.

Kaneda 2005-08-13 11:22 AM

I don't see why you couldn't have just taken some time LiveWire and made your own. Its not hard to stretch pixels, fractual half of it, and slap you sites name on it.

FireWire 2005-08-13 11:35 AM

www.vbhackers.com is the site. I did not rip the style, it was downloaded publicly. That download is no longer avaliable at the moment.

Chruser, I ask that you unban my account here at Zelaron; as I did not rip the style, and the style was taken down the very next day. You want to play hardball, then I can too. I'm giving you one more chance to change your mind. Its not like you give a shit about Zelaron anyways. You hardly post, hardly vist, WW does ALL the updates, all the coding, provides the hosting, and he seems to make all the decisions around here, so why the fuck do you care anymore anyways?

Unban my account, do alittle investigating and ban the person who did rip it.