Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   It's better to have loved and lost, then never loved at all. (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48311)

-Spector- 2009-02-17 05:15 PM

It's better to have loved and lost, then never loved at all.

Oh yes, the famous quote from Alfred Lord Tennyson. What do you guys think?

I personally, completely disagree. I've been in love twice, and the emotional turmoil I have gone through from losing them is not worth love in it's self. I hate... no loath the feeling of heart brokenness.

I can't deal with it, I can't take it, I can't function during a normal day to day basis. And the worst part about it all, is that it lasts FOR SUCH A LONG GOD DAMN TIME and there's very little you can do to make yourself feel better.

FUCK

Anyway, what are your opinions?

!King_Amazon! 2009-02-17 09:15 PM

I agree with the statement. To accurately judge the validity of the statement, you have to look at both sides. On the one hand, someone could go through life never knowing love, which is essentially a lifetime of suffering. On the other hand, someone could go through life loving someone for many years, and then it ends and they're heartbroken. The important part is that they spent many years happy, and only a short time broken-hearted.

Chruser 2009-02-18 12:44 AM

To be able to find full appreciation for an experience, it is usually helpful to have encountered its antithesis (e.g. desolation contra repleteness). The idea of reiterating trials of fortune may seem contemptuous after perennial failures, but studies show that memories are reconstructed based on current emotions, knowledge and personality. They, consequently, are likely to be incomplete or erroneous. Thus, even if the business of taking chances sometimes seems intrinsically predisposed to go awry, at least you should, theoretically, be able to retain the benefit of doubt.

HandOfHeaven 2009-02-18 01:07 PM

I would have to agree with the statement. Though heartbrokenness is a horrible sickness, I wouldn't trade anything for the good moments when I was in love. My 2 pennies.

Wallow 2009-02-18 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandOfHeaven (Post 666741)
I would have to agree with the statement. Though heartbrokenness is a horrible sickness, I wouldn't trade anything for the good moments when I was in love. My 2 pennies.

Tell that to a monk or minister sworn to celibacy...

EDIT: I think the saying goes "two cents"

Jessifer 2009-02-19 10:48 AM

Having never actually been in a relationship, I can say that it's rather painful from this end as well.

gruesomeBODY 2009-02-20 08:38 PM

Well, i have not ever uttered the word LOVE to any female other than my mom, so i do not believe in the quote (most of my relationships have only lasted a few months). But i have seen heartbroken people in my life before, and i can tell you, that it sucks. I really cannot understand the pain or sorrow that people go through, but i know my day will come when somebody will mention these words to me, and i will go fu&% off, cause im pissed. All in all, i think the quote stands water (even though i said i dont believe in the quote earlier in the post) but i havent experienced it before. I know im fu$%&ed for the future.....,.

Draco2003 2009-02-21 11:04 AM

I think love is too over-rated... I am in the boat with the other 'have-nots' and I rather like being alone. What good is suffering, if you don't know you're suffering? XD