Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   tooth extraction? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50470)

D3V 2010-12-29 11:38 AM

tooth extraction?

anybody ever had any pulled? I've never had teeth pulled, and am going tomorrow in the morning to have 3 pulled completely. what should I expect?

And they're giving me a shot (I assume novacane*sp), and they gave me a healthy prescription of Vicodin and 800mg Ibuprofens for the pain/swelling that may occur.

-Spector- 2010-12-30 09:21 AM

Doesn't hurt, just a lot of pressure. Take a vic before you go and you'll be fine.

D3V 2010-12-30 09:37 AM

Damn, that was easy. For real, people hyped the shit out of it making such a big ass deal and it literally wasn't bad at all. Like you said, just some pressure and nothing to worry about. I hate that I slightly worked myself up for it, what a joke.

but now I'm at work :[

Grav 2010-12-30 04:31 PM

Nah don't get pulled just tough it out that's what I did with my wisdom teeth and second skull

!King_Amazon! 2010-12-31 10:02 AM

Second skull? Orly?

Kazilla 2010-12-31 05:41 PM

D3v, what kind of pain if any were you feeling before you decided to go get them pulled? My jaw hurts like no pain I have ever felt before. Its not my teeth, but more like the right where the jawbone joint is. I'm not sure what it is, but I am unable to close the right side of my mouth enough to chew food, this is getting insane, I may need to go get something from the ER for this..

!King_Amazon! 2010-12-31 08:08 PM

Sounds like a wisdom tooth to me, don't freak out about it. Go to a dentist and they will take care of it, the ER will just send you to a dentist anyway.

Kazilla 2010-12-31 10:41 PM

Yea, I was more or less looking for some meds to kill the pain. What I can get over the counter isn't strong enough. If it is my wisdom tooth/teeth, wouldn't the tooth itself hurt, as oppose to the jawbone? The closest thing I can think of to simulate the pain is sticking a small bouncy ball inbetween your molers and attempting to bite down on it. Thats what it feels like.

!King_Amazon! 2010-12-31 10:54 PM

Go ask a dentist.

Grav 2011-01-01 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilla (Post 692714)
D3v, what kind of pain if any were you feeling before you decided to go get them pulled? My jaw hurts like no pain I have ever felt before. Its not my teeth, but more like the right where the jawbone joint is. I'm not sure what it is, but I am unable to close the right side of my mouth enough to chew food, this is getting insane, I may need to go get something from the ER for this..

Yeah mine got so bad that I couldn't talk for about a week and I had to stop working due to that. It ended though, maybe total fucked-up time of 10 days.

D3V 2011-01-03 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilla (Post 692714)

It progressed on me pretty fast. I noticed I had a cracked molar and a wisdom tooth pressing on it for a while, but never did anything. The pain at first was dull, than within a day rapidly went to extreme pain, and radiated throughout my entire top portion of my jaw, and also was felt in the lower section. I was taking the max dosage of ibuprofen (2x200mg per 4 hours) to no avail. They basically gave me 16x800mg ibuprofens and 16x750mg Vicodin for the pain, and told me to rotate between them and it's definitely helped out a bunch pre-op and post-op. like K_A said, just go to the dentist. The ER won't be able to help you unless they send you into actual surgery, which with anathesia there and other medical costs will run you out the ass. Don't forget Dentists are Drs as well, so they can prescribe anything you'll need.

Willkillforfood 2011-01-11 11:33 PM

Having teeth pulled isn't really that bad. It's kind of creepy when you hear the roots crack though, haha.

D3V 2011-01-12 09:37 AM

yeah I had a bit of anxiety at first like I said, but it went away pretty fast. I actually have a big interest in dentistry now, it seems like a cool field of work.

!King_Amazon! 2011-01-12 10:10 AM

You are a moron.

D3V 2011-01-12 10:34 AM

how u figer

Mutant Couch 2011-01-25 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 692837)
yeah I had a bit of anxiety at first like I said, but it went away pretty fast. I actually have a big interest in dentistry now, it seems like a cool field of work.

I guess, if you limit to adults only. Kids bite. They bite for no reason. I don't know why someone would want to give them a reason. That's not to say adults won't bite, but they might be a little more hesitant.

KagomJack 2011-01-25 07:11 PM

Nope. Had one surgically removed though.

Willkillforfood 2011-01-30 09:12 PM

You should be more careful about what you put in your butt :(.