Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bring back tournaments? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28166)

Vollstrecker 2004-03-30 04:09 PM

Bring back tournaments?

OK, things are getting pretty stale around here. I'd like to see who would be interested in a small PvP tournament, since 1.10 has been out for a while and now most people are used to it.

If it seems to be a popular idea, we'll determine specifics later.

Edit: This poll is just for the IDEA of Tournaments coming back. Realm/Ladder does not matter, this is going to just see who is interested. Rules and all will be worked out later.

kockblocker1 2004-03-30 04:14 PM

But I am West and you are East... Long distance relationships never work.

Senesia 2004-03-30 04:16 PM

Is this the low level PvP similar to the Iron man (which we had a long while ago), or
A new one with different rules and regulations?

Titusfied 2004-03-30 04:19 PM

It doesn't really matter, but if you want it to be fair, the older rules are probably the best way to go.

HandOfHeaven 2004-03-30 04:24 PM

Hmm. I have an idea! We all start a new character on USWEST LADDER and get items from the pool of items in zagggon's bot squad. Then we could give them back after, or keep it he lets...

Senesia 2004-03-30 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
It doesn't really matter, but if you want it to be fair, the older rules are probably the best way to go.

No... if it is the old one, then realms don't matter because they will have to create a new character anyway.

But if it is a PvP tourny in a specific realm (Ladder/Non-Ladder, East/West/Europe), then it will be more restricting. Some people don't have characters on certain realm and such...

Titusfied 2004-03-30 04:37 PM

Well, the old rules are for equal character making, and no hacked items, etc. The realm does matter actually, if people want to keep the items they win and not have to make a new account on a new realm... Unless we can get contributions on each realm and hold various tournaments on them.

Vollstrecker 2004-03-30 04:56 PM

Well, let's get some votes, and see if people are interested.

Ganga 2004-03-30 04:59 PM

Man, from last time experence, NO Thanks, there are 3 mods promise they will show up, but not at all.

Vollstrecker 2004-03-30 05:00 PM

Try that again, I don't quite understand what you said. The mods never showed up, or what?

HandOfHeaven 2004-03-30 05:01 PM

You should duel mainly for a good time, and some of the times to win. They may be mods, but that does not automatically make them gods (no offense). I would love to, and if it happens I get my CD's back at Easter and can start up then...

Vollstrecker 2004-03-30 05:06 PM

I would not be participating. I would be observing. I doubt there'd be enough of the Staff interested in a Staff tourney either. I don't know if Sen would try, but Gsus is inactive as hell. Those are the D2 Mods, and everyone knows Titus isn't any good. :p

It would likely end up being like the Iron Man in respect that duels would likely be held on Hardcore.

Maleficus 2004-03-30 05:21 PM

id be interested...iron man only, unless you wanna hold it on useast ladder, i can lend some stuff out and give everyone like a week to build a char, that would be fair

i never pvped before ever

Senesia 2004-03-30 05:45 PM

I won't be in it. I've uninstalled D2, and my computer has been very unstable these several weeks.

The hardest thing is to contact the participants and actually have everyone meets up on that day and time.

zagggon 2004-03-30 06:25 PM

I vote no because last time it was a complete mess and there were to many stupid rules...

SlickFic04 2004-03-30 07:35 PM

Aight this is a good idea but how would it be like, (never been in a tourney) would it be melee vs melee, ranged vs ranged or everyman for himself, cuz id like to use my throw barb but he sucks vs melee's ya kno?

Senesia 2004-03-30 07:40 PM

I think it is 1 on 1, (or FFA?) any class and build.

HandOfHeaven 2004-03-30 07:41 PM

Well, in that case, I am guessing I might want to make a bonemancer....

Maleficus 2004-03-30 08:37 PM

good luck with a lvl 9 bone mancer lol

Great-Thanatos 2004-03-30 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maleficus
good luck with a lvl 9 bone mancer lol

We can only be level 9? if so i'm making a sin :D :D

Vollstrecker 2004-03-30 09:34 PM

The rules have yet to be determined. We're just looking to see if people are interested in tourneys in general.

Ganga 2004-03-30 09:39 PM

yes, the mods that suppose to watch the tournament never shows up but all the participants did.

0nyx 2004-03-31 05:27 AM

I think it's a good idea.

It could bring more activity to the diablo section.

-Spector- 2004-03-31 08:02 AM

my useast ladder sorc vs all

[Does this post make me look fat?]

Titusfied 2004-03-31 11:58 AM

Well, being as I was the one that was supposed to show up, and after showing up and explaining I couldn't stay to judge and apologized, I tried to get others to take my place. Yes, it was unsuccessful, but get the fuck over it for Christ's sake. Quit crying over spilled milk and just answer whether or not you want to do the tournaments again. Sheesh.

blckshdwdragon 2004-03-31 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollstrecker
I would not be participating. I would be observing. I doubt there'd be enough of the Staff interested in a Staff tourney either. I don't know if Sen would try, but Gsus is inactive as hell. Those are the D2 Mods, and everyone knows Titus isn't any good. :p

It would likely end up being like the Iron Man in respect that duels would likely be held on Hardcore.

Gsus is to busy getting stoned/work/ or w/e
HC iron man tourneys are always fun to do

Ganga 2004-03-31 12:14 PM

shiit, don't ask the quetion I already answer, and I am not freaking whining I was just answering Vollstrecker's question about last tournament.

kthxbye.

Titusfied 2004-03-31 12:18 PM

Actually, this is what Vollstrecker said:

Quote:

The rules have yet to be determined. We're just looking to see if people are interested in tourneys in general.

I see absolutely nothing in there even giving the slightest mention to what your opinions about the last one was. You clearly added it in there, for the second post in this thread that you were not happy, and not once was that asked of you.

Like I said, get over it. Your answer is yes. End of discussion.

HandOfHeaven 2004-03-31 05:10 PM

How many more people have to say yes/vote until we can get this thing scheduled and/or rules posted...?

Ganga 2004-03-31 05:18 PM

Quote:

Try that again, I don't quite understand what you said. The mods never showed up, or what?

:rolleyes: I guess you didn't see that question. and my answer is No.

kthxbye.

Maleficus 2004-03-31 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganga
:rolleyes: I guess you didn't see that question. and my answer is No.

kthxbye.

can we please never say chinkish things such as that?
GGNORETHXN00BZ0RZZZZ!!!111 is essentially the same as kthxbye

Ganga 2004-03-31 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maleficus
can we please never say chinkish things such as that?

Nope, because I am a chinky so it's my right.
Kthxbye.

Vollstrecker 2004-03-31 05:47 PM

Goddamnit you wankers, stop spamming up my poll!

I'll remove spam if I get any more pointless posts. :mad:

HandOfHeaven 2004-03-31 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandOfHeaven
How many more people have to say yes/vote until we can get this thing scheduled and/or rules posted...?

Can you answer my question, Vollstrecker?

Vollstrecker 2004-03-31 05:59 PM

I'll give it another day or two before closing the poll. I just wanna see who is down for it.

To be honest, the prize would likely be unided items on USEast/NL/SC since I don't have any elsewhere.

If this hits off, maybe I'll see about getting contributions on other realms/game modes.

tidus2005 2004-03-31 07:17 PM

Quote:

Goddamnit you wankers, stop spamming up my poll!

I'll remove spam if I get any more pointless posts. :mad:

i am for a tournament just post the rules and such and ill sign up. also just a side note i prefere the term wanknoid to wanker just my preference.

Vollstrecker 2004-03-31 07:49 PM

It's a good thing I'm here to cater to your wishes...

wanker.

ExT 2004-04-02 12:27 PM

How about a low lvl duel tournament?

ExT 2004-04-02 12:38 PM

By the way, I'd love to participate in a tournament :)

Medieval Bob 2004-04-03 07:49 AM

I'm all for a level 9 tourney.