Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Hi everyone from Kyrgyzstan (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42547)

!King_Amazon! 2007-06-13 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spss
What do you mean? I can't get you.

Don't mind him, he's being a dumbass.

From what I've read, Kyrgyzstan sounds like a pretty cool place. I'm pretty interested in this "Epic of Manas" I've read about. It sounds pretty cool.

Is it a religious story, or is it just a tale of a hero similar to other epics?

KagomJack 2007-06-13 01:54 PM

Not angry, it just came off a little haughty was all.

Mantralord 2007-06-13 04:25 PM

hello borat

Lenny 2007-06-14 09:55 AM

Wrong country, Mantra. Borat was from Kazakhstan.

Mantralord 2007-06-14 10:29 AM

i know but i was simply making an allusion you sexy british hunk

spss 2007-06-14 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
Don't mind him, he's being a dumbass.

From what I've read, Kyrgyzstan sounds like a pretty cool place. I'm pretty interested in this "Epic of Manas" I've read about. It sounds pretty cool.

Is it a religious story, or is it just a tale of a hero similar to other epics?

Yes, "Epic of Manas" is just a tale of a Kyrgyz hero like Homer's "Iliyada" and "Odiseya" (sorry, if i write wrong in english). And this epic has two sequels - "Semetei" (son of Manas) and "Seitek" (son of Semetei). I'll try to find electronic version this books in enghish.
Unfortunately, I badly know all history of Kyrgyzstan and kyrgyz's culture in spite of the fact that I live in this country. But if you have a questions, I'll try to give an answer.

klo 2007-06-14 12:48 PM

Hmm, ok. Well hi! Oh, and didn't anyone else notice some flaming in here...."he's just being a dumbass", i think that could be considered flaming!!...

spss 2007-06-14 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantralord
hello borat

You know Borat wasn't exactly from Kazakhstan at all. This film is just a joke and nothing is true in it. For example there are no true kazakhs in it. And two capitals of Kazakhstan (Almaty and Astana) are very beautiful.

!King_Amazon! 2007-06-14 12:56 PM

Quote:

Yes, "Epic of Manas" is just a tale of a Kyrgyz hero like Homer's "Iliyada" and "Odiseya" (sorry, if i write wrong in english). And this epic has two sequels - "Semetei" (son of Manas) and "Seitek" (son of Semetei). I'll try to find electronic version this books in enghish.
Unfortunately, I badly know all history of Kyrgyzstan and kyrgyz's culture in spite of the fact that I live in this country. But if you have a questions, I'll try to give an answer.

From what I've heard, Epic of Manas is incredibly, incredibly long, compared to either the Iliad or the Oddessy. Aren't there special "singers" that sing the Epic of Manas or something like that?

spss 2007-06-14 01:04 PM

Quote:

From what I've heard, Epic of Manas is incredibly, incredibly long, compared to either the Iliad or the Oddessy. Aren't there special "singers" that sing the Epic of Manas or something like that?

Epic of Manas is really more longer than the Iliad or the Oddessy. And it's true, that there are people who knows all of it and sign it (something like rap without any music or partly to the accompaniment of komuz - national instrument). They are called as "manaschy".

Mantralord 2007-06-14 01:31 PM

Quote:

You know Borat wasn't exactly from Kazakhstan at all. This film is just a joke and nothing is true in it. For example there are no true kazakhs in it. And two capitals of Kazakhstan (Almaty and Astana) are very beautiful.

go write hardware reviews, you'd be perfect at it

spss 2007-06-14 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantralord
go write hardware reviews, you'd be perfect at it

Thank you, but I have a job and like it :)

!King_Amazon! 2007-06-14 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klo
Hmm, ok. Well hi! Oh, and didn't anyone else notice some flaming in here...."he's just being a dumbass", i think that could be considered flaming!!...

You should ban me Klo.

EDIT: I just found it necessary to point out to you that just in another thread you were saying people have been getting banned for stupid reasons and you seem to have a problem with it.

Am I incorrect to assume, from what you're saying, that you only want the rules inforced if they aren't inforced against yourself or your bitch(Thanatos)?

!King_Amazon! 2007-06-14 01:43 PM

Quote:

Epic of Manas is really more longer than the Iliad or the Oddessy. And it's true, that there are people who knows all of it and sign it (something like rap without any music or partly to the accompaniment of komuz - national instrument). They are called as "manaschy".

Hmm, maybe I can find a recording of the stories. I know some guy wrote a book that follows the story of Manas, but I don't recall his name.

You seem to speak english pretty well, sadly there are people here whose first language is english and you speak it better than them.

Just curious, why is this the only thread you're posting in? There are plenty of others here at Zelaron, and I think you would be a great addition to the community if you're interested.

spss 2007-06-14 01:55 PM

Quote:

Hmm, maybe I can find a recording of the stories. I know some guy wrote a book that follows the story of Manas, but I don't recall his name.

You seem to speak english pretty well, sadly there are people here whose first language is english and you speak it better than them.

Thanks for kind words and invitation. Unfortunately, my english isn't so good as you can think. My written english may be not bad, but speaking is awfull.

Quote:

Just curious, why is this the only thread you're posting in? There are plenty of others here at Zelaron, and I think you would be a great addition to the community if you're interested.

I think I'll be able to join in other topics soon.

Mantralord 2007-06-14 07:42 PM

This thread may not be well to your liking, but it does have a few point of interest. First, it overclock well. Secondly, it does require 700W+ PSU or one may not have the necessary power. I found it to be very quite and during our tests it was not loud at all, and could not be heard beyond several metres from the computer. Against other threads, it perform very well. I recommend it to all and it receives the Mantralord Badge of Recommendation. Very good 8/10.

Thanatos 2007-06-15 08:06 AM

Quote:

Am I incorrect to assume, from what you're saying, that you only want the rules inforced if they aren't inforced against yourself or your bitch(Thanatos)?

Umm, excuse me? Don't drag me into this.

And if anything, Klo is my bitch. Get your facts straight.

RoboticSilence 2007-06-15 08:39 PM

Sorry you have this silly dramatic bickering unfolding incredibly in your very first thread. It's almost perfectly representative of what it is like now to be a member of this forum. If you want to "fit in", pick someone to badger and flame (insulting someone publicly via a thread about "how much they suck and why" rhetorical talent is usually rewarded). That's what a lot of people seem to do here.

Realistically though, you seem to be on the right track to becoming a quality member of the forum. Just don't jump on the bandwagon that rolls through this place.

Hades-Knight 2007-06-17 04:46 PM

good thing you're not from uzbekistan or I would have had to kill you

D3V 2007-06-18 04:24 PM

Quote:

Welcome.

You know, I actually didn't believe you were from Kyrgyzstan, because I've never even heard of the place, but you were telling the truth. I went to a website and checked your IP address for myself.

For anyone else who was wondering:

Wow you must be really bored these days.