PDA

View Full Version : Some things I've gained from the past two days of work

KagomJack
2008-05-06, 08:27 PM
From the kids: I am not as old as I say I am. I am between 10 and 125 years old. More than likely 100-125. I am also a beardless, "striking" (?) grandpa.

From actual work: No violence of any kind is tolerated, real or play. I also learned how to change a diaper, which isn't so complicated. Also, boys can only change boys' diapers, girls for the girls.
Also, this little girl (probably about 8 or 9) wanted me to help her build a castle, but no one else. I thought that was kinda cute.

HandOfHeaven
2008-05-07, 01:59 AM
I take it that you are enjoying your new job? I'm glad for you, Kagom. It seemed/seems like you need something solid in your life, and this is just the thing to base it on before you apply for college again. I know you are going places in life, and I would like to meet you in person. I believe that our personalities would click instantly, resulting in a great friendship lasting years upon years.

Vault Dweller
2008-05-07, 03:18 AM
God bless you, man. Working with kids is something I don't think I could do.

D3V
2008-05-07, 07:51 AM
From the kids: I am not as old as I say I am. I am between 10 and 125 years old. More than likely 100-125. I am also a beardless, "striking" (?) grandpa.

From actual work: No violence of any kind is tolerated, real or play. I also learned how to change a diaper, which isn't so complicated. Also, boys can only change boys' diapers, girls for the girls.
Also, this little girl (probably about 8 or 9) wanted me to help her build a castle, but no one else. I thought that was kinda cute.

So I take it being gay doesn't effect the rules at all? Hell, I'd tell your manager that you were a fruit loop and use it to your advantage so you don't have to change diapers.

But anyways, good luck working with kids. I did it for a few months at one point, I actually enjoyed it. It is NOT for everyone, you have to learn a good amount of tolerance for those little bastards, but after you can keep them under contorl, your job is easy. (I used to just be a "play counselor" and go to shoot hoops for a few hours a day).

DaFrigginDoctah
2008-05-07, 02:15 PM
Where do you work?

Willkillforfood
2008-05-07, 02:26 PM

Testosterone levels have been dropping for a while now ...sounds like those kids are gonna be pussies to the max :x. Grats.

KagomJack
2008-05-07, 08:07 PM
I think working with differently abled children (i.e. special ed kids) would be more hellish. Check out tard-blog.com for examples.

HoH: Thanks man! I really am enjoying this job, I've even started a blog of my own about the more interesting events that've been going on.

D3V: I don't care if I have to change diapers or not. It's a life skill I'll end up using some day anyway. But all-in-all, I've been enjoying it. Haven't started the real hellish part just yet. That comes next week! :D

DFD: I work at a club/gym that has their own day care center.

Coffeedagger
2008-05-07, 08:11 PM
That sounds pretty cool Kagom, interesting job and sounds fun getting to play games with kids all day.

KagomJack
2008-05-07, 08:15 PM
Yes indeed =)

DaFrigginDoctah
2008-05-08, 05:40 PM
Xtreme?

Atnas
2008-05-08, 06:14 PM
Hey Kagom, this sounds wonderful. I really enjoyed reading the blog entries and I'm going to be looking forward to more great stories. I really love kids, they are so cool.

!King_Amazon!
2008-05-08, 08:53 PM
Hell, I'd tell your manager that you were a fruit loop and use it to your advantage so you don't have to change diapers.

He certainly wouldn't have to change diapers, because he would probably get fired, especially if a parent found out. Everyone knows that homosexuals are perverts and like to diddle little boys.

KagomJack
2008-05-08, 10:14 PM
Club Sport in San Ramon.

Atnas: Glad you liked it. I'm hoping that once I start the full shift I have to work, I'll have more stories. Feel free to Anon comment if you want.

K_A: That's right!

!King_Amazon!
2008-05-08, 10:28 PM
Just trying to keep everyone informed.

KagomJack
2008-05-08, 10:47 PM
I know you are. ;)

osmoses-jones
2008-05-08, 10:56 PM

I bet you love it changing boys diaper kagom.

KagomJack
2008-05-08, 11:21 PM
I kinda hope I don't have to change any diapers. When it comes to that, the only diaper I wouldn't mind (read, not wanting to) change would be my own kid's.

PureRebel
2008-05-09, 04:56 AM
congrats on the job ! i do similar stuff everynow and then at the resort im working at now. working with kids is a rewarding and enjoyable experience imo.

Thanatos
2008-05-09, 07:49 AM
Thank you for directing me to tard-blog.com. My days have now become more enjoyable.

KagomJack
2008-05-09, 12:30 PM
Any time! Sadly it's not been updated since June 10, 2005. :(

Tyrannicide
2008-05-09, 05:11 PM
Gratz man, good to see you get a job.

Working with kids also depends on where they are from/ family background to, my bro's fiancee workes in daycares and she's seen a lot. It can be hell but also fun at the same time.

Willkillforfood
2008-05-09, 09:21 PM
I bet you love it changing boys diaper kagom.

Good to see you're still lurking, Osmoses! You flaming Kagom is hilarious.