Vollstrecker
2005-05-20, 04:36 AM
Esc
Macros
New
/script ClearTarget();
/script TargetNearestEnemy();
Done
Put it on an auxillary bar and bind it to tab.

You posted this ages ago, and I'm looking at trying it out, but I had one question: Does it still switch between multiple targets, or is it fixed to target the closest enemy only?

It APPEARS to me that it will only target the nearest, but I haven't tried it quite yet.

WetWired
2005-05-20, 06:59 AM
It targets the nearest target. At the time I didn't even realize that the function/key named "Target Nearest Enemy" was supposed to target something else if an enemy was already targeted, and that caused me a lot of trouble, which this macro would of course aliviate. Really, I would preffer separate nearest and next enemy keys, but most of the time, I either want the actual nearest target, or the target of one of my party members, else I'm inclined to just use mouse selection.

Vollstrecker
2005-05-20, 02:57 PM
I tried playing with this last night a bit, and noticed it only targeted things if they were directly in front of me.

I prefer to use Tab targeting when switching targets to Sheep when on my Mage, which is why I was wondering. In Raids, it's pretty mandatory to use your /assist macro, so I don't see a use for this macro you created.

WetWired
2005-05-20, 03:45 PM
Yeah, what I actually use is a script that I wrote which looks at your party member's targets, picks the one most likely being tanked, and if none of the party member's targets are set or none of them are enemies, then that bit is run to select the actual nearest target. When using this script, I mouse select the target to sheep, then wait for my group to attack something, hit the hotkey for my script and start casting. I can post my script if you like.

Vollstrecker
2005-05-20, 09:32 PM
Yeah, what I actually use is a script that I wrote which looks at your party member's targets, picks the one most likely being tanked, and if none of the party member's targets are set or none of them are enemies, then that bit is run to select the actual nearest target. When using this script, I mouse select the target to sheep, then wait for my group to attack something, hit the hotkey for my script and start casting. I can post my script if you like.

That's interesting, but in most groups, the tank's target dies last.

Sure, post it.

WetWired
2005-05-20, 11:10 PM
Usually, the groups I'm in focus fire, it's a quite effective strategy. In any case, it should be an easy task to change the way the variable preferencelist is initialized to suit your priorities. After you add the dir to the interface/addons directory and enable it (it may be old ver now), add a macro:
/script ZhenyaTargetForMe();
and bind it to something.

Two warnings: In order to filter out distracted party members' targets, targets above 95% health are ignored in favor of those below if any are targeted If you aren't in a party, your party has no targets, or they're all dead or friendly, you will target the nearest enemy and a warning "Targeting Nearest" will appear on your first chat window (If you don't have Cosmos or another supplier of the Print helper function, you will need to locate and delete this line in the lua)

Vollstrecker
2005-05-21, 03:36 PM
Sounds very nifty, I'll give it a try!

platnum
2005-05-22, 04:53 PM
How does it work?

Vollstrecker
2005-05-22, 06:56 PM
Haven't had much time to test it or anything yet, I've been extremely busy dealing with Guild issues and finalizing our DKP system, for our first Molten Core run Saturday.

Randuin
2005-05-23, 09:25 AM
Oh! Post your DKP system please. I'm really interested to see what other guilds have come up with.

iceman887
2005-05-23, 03:11 PM
Oh! Post your DKP system please. I'm really interested to see what other guilds have come up with.

here is my guild's
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, without further hesitation, here is our DPC point system.

On-time bonus- 2 points
Hourly bonus - 2 points per hour
Raid completion bonus - 5 points (From beginning to end, or relatively close)

Point costs -
50 per epic

You can go into negative points. This will happen if an item is defaulted to you, or if nobody has enough points for the item (that wants it). Generally with this system, you'll be able to make about 12-20 points per run, and doing a few runs a week, you aren't looking at much time to obtain items. If two people have greater than 50 points, they BOTH have equal chance at getting the item. That meaning that someone with 238905298357239 points has just as much chance as someone with 51 points. Usually if it comes down to two people wanting an item, and nobody wants to pass it off, the two people will simply random off the item.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

what sucks is that we got to lucifron on sunday and we got to freaking 1%!!! and we didn't kill..... :mad:

Vollstrecker
2005-05-24, 04:22 AM

Very basic. We are awarding DKPs for Raid Attendance and per boss slain. Extra DKPs will likely be doled out to those in attendance for a first-time kill, and DKPs will likely reduce for when bosses reach 'Farm' status, as a method of rewarding those who are trying their hardest and footing serious repair bills while we work out the kinks in our strats/etc.

Simple bid system, no negatives. We're not looking for anything real fancy.