PDA

View Full Version : manhunt related murder?

undeadzombieguy
2004-07-31, 12:22 PM
The parents of a boy who was murdered with a claw hammer by a friend have blamed a violent video game which the teenage killer was "obsessed" with.

It's about the game manhunt. Of course now they're all bitching about the fact that those sort of games should be banned...

for the full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/3934277.stm

Sovereign
2004-07-31, 12:27 PM
THis is retarded. That bitch blames a video game for that kids fucked up mind. It's amazing. "Oh we should ban it because people are killing themselves or others". Yeah, like how many people? Dozen, few dozen, a bit more? Comparet his to the millions of sain people who play this game and enjoy it.

People need to have violent games to quell the urge to kill every stupid mother fucker on the planet. They help get that rage out. STupid shits!

Dr. Geekstar
2004-07-31, 01:00 PM
I saw something on television about a german kid that took a gun in the school and killed 12 students and 2 teachers, most of them with one shot, in the head.
Every dumb motherfucker in the room said violent video games were the cause.
Then some english journalists went to the bottom of that shit and the boy didnt even have a television, let go a computer... ppl can be really retarded >.<

also i heard about a guy at the olympics for gamez.
Guy said he thought that it was strange that the players didnt hit eachother with base-ball bats after the CS-tourney, but they just shaked hands. He said he was reporter in WW2 and saw more dead people here then in the war. Some other dude said:

It's just a bunch of pixel hitting some bits on a television screen. You always complain about this when u go to the movies ????
it was such a big fun to see that... the guy was dressed in a fancy suit, standing there, he couldnt say a thing. People really should learn to be more... tolerant.

Demosthenes
2004-07-31, 01:07 PM
It'll blow over. The same thing happend to Manson after Columbine.

Dr. Geekstar
2004-07-31, 01:09 PM
yeah, i remember people taking cover for the micro-wave and throwing away theyr cell-phones in the middle of a conversation because theyr brains were getting lasered/roasted/burned

-Spector-
2004-07-31, 01:25 PM
That is somewhat of a sick story...

Slim
2004-07-31, 01:34 PM
What in the fuck are you talking about? Jesus Christ start making sense!!

undeadzombieguy
2004-07-31, 01:44 PM
...sense made kiwi that no? did it yes no, talk apple I about making banana no sense yes. Perfectly post good random no way fruit that yes happened.

Now that didnt make any sense, dr.geekstars post did tough, stop bitching at him and stay ontopic! :rolleyes: (well, at least in this thread :p)

Slim
2004-07-31, 01:46 PM
He responds to MJ's post about manson/columbine by saying something about cell phones and exploding brains...what the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING?

Jamesadin
2004-07-31, 02:19 PM
Arg, bullshiznat.

Dr. Geekstar
2004-07-31, 03:35 PM
read ALL of the post, start with the first one and ull soon find out >.<

Slim
2004-07-31, 03:36 PM
I've already read them all....you make no sense.

Shining Knights
2004-07-31, 03:55 PM
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Dr. Geekstar
2004-07-31, 03:55 PM
I've already read them all....you make no sense.

yes they did, im trying to say that if people are new to something or just dont know much about it they start to believe all stories and over-act like a real retard

KagomJack
2004-07-31, 05:28 PM
-sighs- Here we go again with the "OMG, TEH VIOLENT GAMES MADE THIS CHILD A MURDERER!" Ok, sometimes (in very rare cases) do games actually cause kids to want to emulate what happens. It's the parents' job to make sure that the game is ok for their kids to play. Most parents let their kids play whatever they want, without much thought. EC = Early Childhood, E = Everyone, T = Teen, M = Mature (17+), and AO = Adults Only. These are on there in black and white pixeled art that has a nice little box that can be read by most people. My mom doesn't care what I play (some times) because I know better than to emulate what happens. But some kids can't see past the realm of fantasy and real life (schizophrenic) and will emulate the games. That's why if you let the child have a game that really isn't appropriate for their age, cut back on their playtime with that game significantly. If they usually play between 2-3 hours of video games, cut back the time with more mature games by 1-2 hours, etc. Now, in this case, the child was disturbed to begin with, wasn't he? That means the parents should've been more attentative to his games and his behavior. Parents and adults need to quit blaming the games and take the heat, it is their fault for not being there and being more active in the child/teen's life.

This is also an old topic, the one of games influencing violence, etc. Look at Dungeons and Dragons and you'll see what I mean.

iceman887
2004-07-31, 05:56 PM
how do i look at dungeons and dragons, what do u mean? is there a thread or something?

KagomJack
2004-07-31, 06:00 PM
-sigh- No...I should've put in a little more info about DND. Ok, in the 70's there was a kid who was a heavy DND player. He killed himself. His parents blamed the game. There were a few more suicides and I think a murder (dont' hold me to the last one) and the kids did play DND, but it was 98% likely that it wasn't the cause of them doing what they did. Parents and adults look for a scapegoat.

platnum
2004-07-31, 09:13 PM
Country music makes me want to hurt other people. Ban it.

KagomJack
2004-07-31, 09:15 PM
I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Discourage imbreeding, ban country music!"

Slim
2004-07-31, 09:22 PM
If homosexuals don't reproduce, why are there so many of them? Hm..country sucks, and whoever blames video games for fucked up kids needs shot in the face....with a 12 gauge....repeatedly.

Penny_Bags
2004-08-01, 12:05 PM
Because they THINK they are homosexuals. They aren't really.