PDA

View Full Version : Fav band, with a twist.

Vollstrecker
2004-07-19, 08:43 AM
Post your favorite band/artist. Include a reason WHY you like them, and list 1 thing about them that irritates you.

Mine is:
Soulfly
Like: Badass guitars and very good at their game.
Dislike: Weak lyrics.

D3V
2004-07-19, 09:15 AM
Linkin Park

Like: Their great ass lyrics, sound, almost everything about them. Their old cd Hybrid Theroy was one of the best evar, then I got Meteora... They pwn j00

Dislike: That goofy looking dude with the giant headphones.

Sovereign
2004-07-19, 10:39 AM
Rammstein

Like: Good sound, good songs, and even though I don't understand it, I can still sing along to it XD.

Dislike: What the fuck are they saying XD?

uncapped
2004-07-19, 11:05 AM
Dredg.

I Like them because they are simply amazing. Both of their albums, Lietmotif, and El Cielo, are almost completely different, but both are beautiful and perfect in their own way.

There is nothing to dislike about Dredg.

Silverjinx18
2004-07-19, 02:36 PM
I don't know if they're my fav. band or not, but everytime I think if I have a fav. I think Our Lady Peace...They are so romantic and down to earth...I dunno...they're just so great! I don't know that there is a dislike...

NonGayMan
2004-07-19, 03:26 PM
Either The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix Experience, or any other classic blues/rock/pop/psychadelic band.

Like: They're all unique, different.

Dislike: They don't make any more albums.
:grin:

KagomJack
2004-07-19, 04:26 PM
Evanescence

Great vocals

Dislike: Not enough songs :(

‡AC‡
2004-07-19, 06:02 PM
Rammstein

Like: Good sound, good songs, and even though I don't understand it, I can still sing along to it XD.

Dislike: What the fuck are they saying XD?
Ditto .

I've found the lyics to a few of there songs tho.

Slim
2004-07-19, 07:20 PM
Never listen to any English versions of their songs...they're horrible.

Favorite band...well, I don't really have any favorites.

Raziel
2004-07-19, 11:49 PM
Tie.

Pantera

Like: Phil's no-bullshit vocals, Dime's shredding guitar and Vinnie's badass drumwork. It's just balls-to-the-wall, no frills metal.

Dislike: The fact that Phil is an arrogant, egotistical shit-talker and caused the band's implosion and irrevocable demise.

Faith No More

Like: Mike Patton is the greatest vocalist to have ever lived. Some of the best lyrical content ever concieved. The music is so far removed from the norm, and it's so damned good as a result of that.

Dislike: The fact that two of their best songs ("Cowboy Song" and "The Perfect Crime") do not appear on any of their albums, but only on compilations and their new "Best Of" CD, which I don't want to buy solely for those two tracks.

badboy
2004-07-20, 01:44 AM
Creed.

First band I liked, sounds good with my system, don't cuss, don't need to.

Needs more variety of songs.

Vollstrecker
2004-07-20, 07:09 AM
Pantera

I used to listen to them a lot...

I stepped up(?) to Brazillian Scream Metal. :p

Soulfly/Sepultura = pwn

They'd likely be the kind of music I played, just with some thought into the lyrics/subject matter.

Gotta love a guitar drop-tuned to BEADF#B...

D3V
2004-07-20, 08:04 AM
Creed is no more, badboy.

uncapped
2004-07-20, 08:55 AM
Vollstrecker, check out Ill Nino and Puya. There a tad bit more alternative then Sepultura and Soulfly, but have the same South American influence thing going on.

Vollstrecker
2004-07-20, 04:10 PM
I was thinking of hitting a Soulfly concert in August, and Ill Nino is direct support...

Name me a good song or two I can... acquire?

uncapped
2004-07-20, 04:44 PM
Pretty much anything off of their album, Revolution Revolucion, but don't even bother with their last album, Confession. It's terrible.

Rip Out Your Eyes, Unreal, God Save Us are all pretty good, but I suggest just checking out the entire album.

Raziel
2004-07-21, 05:24 AM
"God Save Us" was basically the single, and it's the only song off that album I honestly remember. I like the band, I just don't own any of their albums.

Puya is terrible. "Oasis" was a cool song, but the rest of that album was forgettable and everything off of their second album was vomit-inducing. "This is the Puya comin' straight to ya'." Uggh.

Penny_Bags
2004-07-21, 08:42 PM
Either The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix Experience, or any other classic blues/rock/pop/psychadelic band.

Like: They're all unique, different.

Dislike: They don't make any more albums.
:grin:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That is what I was going to say exactly except take out The Beatles and add in Guns N roses or someone to that effect.

badboy
2004-07-21, 08:47 PM
Creed is no more, badboy.

So, your saying someone can't like a band just because they don't make new songs anymore ?

uncapped
2004-07-21, 08:55 PM
That would scratch out almost 75% of my Favorite Bands of All Time.

Penny_Bags
2004-07-21, 10:22 PM
Probably 90% of mine... it's wierd how I got this sort of musical taste... being only 16... PINK FLOYD PWN

Vollstrecker
2004-07-22, 07:24 AM
Uncapped: Ill Nino is bad as hell too. I love all three of those songs already.

Also, on 8/12/04, I am going to see Soulfly, Ill Nino, and Crisis(?) in concert with my best friend. Gonna be FUCKING SICK. :D :D :D

NonGayMan
2004-07-22, 09:50 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That is what I was going to say exactly except take out The Beatles and add in Guns N roses or someone to that effect.

Lol, I like Guns N Roses, too. The early beatles were kind of poppish (back then pop meant popular), but I still kind of like that style. Middle Beatles were psychadelic. (ex. Revolver, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour) and the Beatles before they broke up were more rock n rollish. (The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, Let It Be)

uncapped
2004-07-22, 12:35 PM
Raziel, have you ever heard Clutch? I'm hearing good things about them, and was wondering whether or not the "metal master," has an opinion on them.

Raziel
2004-07-26, 04:57 AM
They're a bit odd. Like rap meets southern metal. I don't particularly care for them, but I know a few people that think they're the shit.

They have a song called "Escape From the Prison Planet" off of the Escape from L.A. soundtrack that I used to think was pretty entertaining. Beyond that, I'm not really a fan of theirs. I don't dislike them, but I wouldn't pay for one of their CDs.

Dr. Geekstar
2004-07-30, 04:40 AM
was about to post new thread bout this, found this one with search so here i go :D

fav band; Cradle of Filth (mayb Children of Bodom)
like: hmmm, the music i guess (lets say the nice guitar-playing)
dislike: hard to sing along with :-/

Raziel
2004-07-31, 12:23 AM
Bodom is awesome. Cradle is crap. You a fan of Hypocrisy? I just picked up their newest CD, and it made me a fan in about two minutes.

uncapped
2004-08-05, 02:46 PM
I have another band I'd like to put on par with Dredg.

Shun.

They're 7 song EP, "Michael in Reign," was highly acclaimed by a lot of reviewers back in 2001, and shortly after they broke up. The cd is almost impossible to obtain, and mp3's are just as difficult, but if you can get your hands a track such as "Michael in Reign," I guarantee your ears will be thanking you for years to come.

Fucking fantastic band.

Dr. Geekstar
2004-08-05, 03:56 PM
Bodom is awesome. Cradle is crap. You a fan of Hypocrisy? I just picked up their newest CD, and it made me a fan in about two minutes.

i know hypocrisy, but i think Cradle of Filth is better :killgrin:
bah i wanna go to bed..

tokill.ace
2004-08-05, 04:08 PM
mindless self indulgence

loves: fast heavy awesome kick ass music they own all, my style

dislikes: nothing theyre perfect